Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Internal Memory/SD Card Question
Internal Memory/SD Card Question
I've got a Philips Respironics Pro System One. (I'm not positive on the exact model) It's got an SD card though. On Friday I need to mail in the SD card to the DME who will download the data and let my Dr know how I'm doing. Then they send the card back to me.

I'm concerned about losing data. Does the machine have internal memory? Or should I put in a replacement SD card until I get the other one back?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Internal Memory/SD Card Question
Don't know about the internal memory. I know it will run without the card as I forgot to put it back in one day last week after I transferred it to the computer. Haven't had a chance to check to see if the data is there or not.

Post Reply Post Reply
Can you ask for a wireless modem?

I asked for one b/c I was not able to drive 32 miles round trip to let them download my data and I wasn't willing to mail my SD card in because I wouldn't have data to watch.

I only used the modem during compliance and am not concerned about reports from the DME unless I am going to the doctor and if I need it for that, then I will drive to get the download.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-22-2013, 04:21 PM)SabrinaFaire Wrote: I've got a Philips Respironics Pro System One. (I'm not positive on the exact model) It's got an SD card though. On Friday I need to mail in the SD card to the DME who will download the data and let my Dr know how I'm doing. Then they send the card back to me.

I'm concerned about losing data. Does the machine have internal memory? Or should I put in a replacement SD card until I get the other one back?

Hi SabrinaFaire
PRS1 Pro model number either 450 (50 series) or 460 (60 series with heated hose option)
Remove water tank, flip machine upside down and check label for the model number

If not mistaken, if using machine without SD card ... you'll loose detailed data charts but not compliance data as compliance data stored in machine internal memory. If detailed data is important, get a new SD card inserted into machine so you don,t loose any data
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Sabrina,
What zonk said.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-22-2013, 04:47 PM)zonk Wrote:
(10-22-2013, 04:21 PM)SabrinaFaire Wrote: I've got a Philips Respironics Pro System One. (I'm not positive on the exact model) It's got an SD card though. On Friday I need to mail in the SD card to the DME who will download the data and let my Dr know how I'm doing. Then they send the card back to me.

Hi SabrinaFaire
PRS1 Pro model number either 450 (50 series) or 460 (60 series with heated hose option)
Remove water tank, flip machine upside down and check label for the model number

If not mistaken, if using machine without SD card ... you'll loose detailed data charts but not compliance data as compliance data stored in machine internal memory. If detailed data is important, get a new SD card inserted into machine so you don,t loose any data

Thanks, for both of those. Smile

As for the modem, I only need to do this once, so I don't know if it's worth it to do that. They also said I could drop off the card. It wouldn't be a hassle to do that, I just don't want to. Smile I like to go home and be home after work, ya know?

I think I have a spare SD card I can pop in.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-23-2013, 09:35 AM)SabrinaFaire Wrote:
(10-22-2013, 04:47 PM)zonk Wrote:

Hi SabrinaFaire

Thanks, for both of those. Smile

As for the modem, I only need to do this once, so I don't know if it's worth it to do that. They also said I could drop off the card. It wouldn't be a hassle to do that, I just don't want to. Smile I like to go home and be home after work, ya know?

I think I have a spare SD card I can pop in.

yep I understand. I read some posts that SD cards that didn't come with the machine wasn't working but I don't remember the details of that post or what brand of machine they had. I don't like to go to my DME either and would feel the same if they were just around the corner rather than 32 miles round trip from me.
Post Reply Post Reply
Get a new plain vanilla SD card and copy all of the data to it using your computer. You may have to create a folder on your system, copy all the files to it, remove the original card and insert the new one, and then copy all the folder's files back out to the new card.

Use that one to send to the DME - but ask them first if that will be OK. My former DME got all snotty about the copied card and wouldn't do anything with it. I subsequently fired them.

If not, use the copy card and then reverse the process when you get your original card back.

The machine has internal memory to hold the summary report data for a very long time. The card is required to be in the machine if you want the detailed WaveForm data to be recorded. Without the card, that part of the data will be lost.

Some of the SDHC cards do not work on some machines. The card need only be 2 GB capacity to hold quite a few year's worth of data so any small one will do.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't blame you for not wanting to mail it in. I sent mine in to Crapria as directed on the 10 of October. They said I would have it back in a week....right, here it is November and it still hasn't been returned. I called them and they don't even know where its at. Next time they can drive over and read it, but they are not taking it. Have an appointment with my sleep doctor the first week of December. Will be a great one with no data!
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-22-2013, 04:21 PM)SabrinaFaire Wrote: On Friday I need to mail in the SD card to the DME who will download the data and let my Dr know how I'm doing. Then they send the card back to me.

As soon as Sleepyhead reads the data its default configuration is to save the data to a folder on your computer. Therefore, in theory, all you have to do is read the data before mailing it in and you will automatically have a copy. Then, as others have mentioned, get the smallest replacement SD card to use until you get the other one back. Just read the data every day off the replacement SD card so that Sleepyhead will save the data from it.

But when getting another SD card be sure to get one the same physical size and not one of the tiny ones that come with an adapter. The adapter is a problem - lots of issues reading the data because it doubles the chance of bad connections. By "tiny" I mean the size that are used in phones, about half the width of the cards used in CPAP machines. I bought one of these once by mistake because the tiny card was mounted inside the adapter in the package, so when I looked at it in the blister pack I didn't notice that it was really a tiny one in an adapter. I ended up throwing it away.

I might also suggest that you simply make a folder on your computer with your name, then copy the data to the folder on your computer, and finally, zip the folder and e-mail it to your DME. When your DME unzips the file they will see a folder with your name, and then they can just point their software at the folder to read it. I have done this with my sleep doctor and it worked perfectly. Way more efficient.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Philips SD Card Format Question Crimson Nape 1 236 02-16-2024, 10:23 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Switch to memory foam cushion? Toddsims 4 516 12-28-2023, 12:14 AM
  [Equipment] SD card question and mask leak issue when side sleeping KingsIndian 1 431 10-13-2023, 08:41 PM
  Internal cpap repair parts mzipp 8 5,584 08-10-2023, 05:29 PM
Last Post: sms832
  PAP and Cognition (brain fog, memory, focus, etc) - Share your experience! cyrial 0 514 06-04-2023, 02:51 PM
Last Post: cyrial
  Question: ResMed My Air & SD card rdudley9 2 714 06-04-2023, 11:48 AM
Last Post: larrykay
  [Equipment] Safety of memory foam CPAP cushions shutto 0 675 02-05-2023, 12:24 PM
Last Post: shutto

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.