Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Internal Power Connector AirSense 10
Internal Power Connector AirSense 10
My AirSense 10 internal power connector is defective. Anybody know where I can buy a replacement?    
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Internal Power Connector AirSense 10
Try a computer repair shop. The same connection is used on one of my laptops.

Post Reply Post Reply
I got a replacement from my DME, and it was less than $20.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was thinking at looking at Digi-Key for the power plug.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-15-2021, 09:05 PM)kwhenrykerr Wrote: Try a computer repair shop. The same connection is used on one of my laptops.

(01-15-2021, 11:02 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I got a replacement from my DME, and it was less than $20.
Thanks
Link to DME?
Post Reply Post Reply
You should check with the supplier or DME that you deal with, or check the Supplier list at the top of the page.
Other places might be EBay or even Amazon.
We are not allowed to post DME links here.  Smile
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use Dynamic Healthcare Systems which is headquartered in Santa Ana, CA but is national. I just walked into the local office in Penn Hills, PA and said I need ed a new cord. They pulled one out of a drawer, and when they told me the price, I said, "I'll take two". I now have a spare that I keep under the seat in the car.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-16-2021, 01:28 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: I was thinking at looking at Digi-Key for the power plug.

I had trouble finding the connector alone at Digi-Key, but what I need is the connector with the board. I'm not that good at soldering components onto boards.

(01-16-2021, 12:03 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I use Dynamic Healthcare Systems which is headquartered in Santa Ana, CA but is national. I just walked into the local office in Penn Hills, PA and said I need ed a new cord. They pulled one out of a drawer, and when they told me the price, I said, "I'll take two".  I now have a spare that I keep under the seat in the car.

This ain't the cord. It is an internal plug with a board attached.
Post Reply Post Reply
The best I can tell it is a 4 amp - 24 volt power jack connector. There is a 2.1x5.5 DC power jack on Digi-key. Its P/N is: 486-3380-ND and sells for a $1.64.

Also, here is a PDF listing of the most common power jacks, https://cdn.sparkfun.com/datasheets/Prot...-028-1.pdf

I hope this helps.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-16-2021, 11:58 AM)OpalRose Wrote: You should check with the supplier or DME that you deal with, or check the Supplier list at the top of the page.
Other places might be EBay or even Amazon.
We are not allowed to post DME links here.  Smile

OK.
I already checked many DME's in the list, along with eBay and Amazon, along with a google search for internal replacement parts for my model. Then I emailed or called several CPAP repair shops. No go on selling the part, even used. You folks were my last hope.

The unit has 2.75 years of use on it and I don't want to pay a mail in repair to make such a simple repair. I know they would charge me for going over the entire unit. I just don't think it is worth it, now that the retail price commonly goes down to $500 from the original $850. Besides I would have to put it back together.

Thanks again.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Transcend (Somnetics) Micro Power Plug Size SteadyState 6 1,793 03-25-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 621 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Airsence 10 Date Resets after Power Outrage Khayyam Qaiser 2 229 01-26-2024, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Khayyam Qaiser
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,184 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
  Philips Respironics DreamStation check power Steve Foley 18 22,428 01-07-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: zebedee
  AirSense 10. Power cable broke on air tube connecting ring. Ruhtra 1 405 11-18-2023, 02:29 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  AirCurve power problem Shamus54 10 981 10-30-2023, 07:13 PM
Last Post: Shamus54

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.