Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Internal cpap repair parts
Internal cpap repair parts
If I want to try my hand at repairing my Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset, where can I purchase parts ? Like the blower motor, or whatever its official title is ? Internet search for " cpap repair parts" is just taking me to all the cpap sellers, who call repair parts a new water chamber or hose . . . .
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Internal cpap repair parts
It may be hard to find these parts.  Have you tried places like: eBay, DOTMed, Craigslist, etc?

Also, check Supplier #27 and Supplier #28, they may give you an estimate for repair, or some idea if it is worth repairing.

If looking to replace, check Supplier #2, as they sell low hour used and open box new equipment.

Let us know what you end up doing and good luck. Smile
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your reply.

I have looked on e-bay and Craigslist, with zero results. I do know about open box and "gently used" machines, and repair services. But I have some tech experience, and really would like to try fixing it myself. I guess my question might be where the repair facilities get the parts they use, and if I could buy from the same sources.  

Any additional assistance would be appreciated _
Post Reply Post Reply
I think the problem here is the fact that these devices are classed as Medical Devices so, in various countries, it is effectively a closed shop situation, with only Authorised Agents having access to the Parts Diagrams and Internal Repair/Replacement Parts.

Put another way, it keeps the Profits tight, which is not always in the Customers' best interests, but certainly helps all those involved in the manufacture, sale and service sectors.

This explains the almost total lack of any such Parts being available, other than used Parts salvaged from pre-used machines.

I would love to have a Parts Diagram for my own ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet, plus a Part Listing stated via Part Number.

Like I have available for my Car, for example!

Internally, having fully disassembled both my own machine, and my wife's identical unit, the main item that is hard to clean is the blower motor, as that's sealed into a little clear perspex pot, with suck and blow holes at either end. All I can do there is squirt in a little Isopropanol 99.9% and let that dry. Everything else in the air supply side can be cleaned, so the only other Parts are the PCB, Pressure Sensors, SD Card Reader, Humidifier Heating Plate and the Front Rotary Switch.

The Blower Motor is the main internal unit I would like to be able to buy new.

MoreBeers
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your reply!

I too would love to have the parts list and layout diagram. Alas.  

The part that is suspect currently is the blower motor. As far as using scavanged parts from impaired machines, ( if I can get my hands on any) do you happen to know if the blower motors are the same on the Airsense 10 and the Airsense 10 Autoset, as well as on the Airsense for Her variety, or does each use a different motor ? 

Carry on, and thanks again -
Post Reply Post Reply
The Group that played with an S10 to see if it could be re-jigged as a non-invasive Ventilator during the early days of the Bat Flu Plandemic, thought that many of the S10 machines share a lot of the same Hardware, just with features disabled in the Firmware. Just Google Airbreak.dev and you can read all about it.

I gather the S10 AutoSet, whilst limited to 20cm out of the Factory, can actually, or technically, go to 30cm, but that isn't enabled.

So I think the Blower Motors could well be the same within a Model Range, or usable without throwing up an Error Code.

A Suck It And See moment I regret!

MoreBeers
Post Reply Post Reply
I will check out the info at Airbreak.dev, thanks much.  I thought it likely that the motors were the same, we shall see . . . . .
Post Reply Post Reply
Old thread, I know…but, in my reading all of the S9 and A10 use the same motor. Probably made by TK of PRC, maybe sold via Singapore. Such motors come with a white interior and a black wire (?) in the 3-wire bundle¹, or with a black interior, and possibly in other combinations. The white interior version is more correct though they match in output, electrical requirements and dimensions. 

I’ve seen the various versions² offered shipped from Asian suppliers (alib, aliex) directly, express, for about $95, +shpg and tax ~ $135. Another sells the (ahem, prime/overnight) at about $135+tax. A reddit thread had a +1year followup after installing and discussion of 2 models. Teardown video easily found on youtube, photo directions on ifixit. I’m tired of the noisy motor, and will be trying this fix.

¹ another variant discussed was the size or even the presence of the internal motor seal (usually green); as this appears to be a ‘brush’ type motor you’d definitely want the correct seal to keep the carbon (and copper and steel?) particles out of the blower’s airstream

² simply search on, “airsense 10 motor”
Post Reply Post Reply
I think the motors can be found on various Chinese supply websites (the type of place where you could order 1 or 1000). I've seen the teardown of the units - they seem easy to service.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] resmed apap repair sleeper2460 4 499 11-24-2023, 11:58 AM
Last Post: Nightynite
Money [CPAP] Repair Z1 or purchase Pilot-24 Lite Battery CJH1968 3 580 08-13-2023, 08:10 AM
Last Post: sauerkraut
  Resmed BiPAP repair company in U.S? 17WRX 3 695 05-13-2023, 04:57 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResMed P10 parts: What else do I need to make the P10 useable? UncollapseMeThroat 4 566 01-22-2023, 03:00 PM
Last Post: UncollapseMeThroat
  [Equipment] ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset Parts monksy 3 936 01-11-2023, 01:31 AM
Last Post: monksy
  DME solicitations for mask parts mel062369 5 667 11-18-2022, 12:36 PM
Last Post: Homerec130
  [Equipment] Airfit P10 Repair JJJ 3 1,278 10-28-2022, 03:35 PM
Last Post: JungleJim

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.