Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dread's - Cpap Therapy Thread
RE: Dread's - Cpap Therapy Thread
Okay, maybe it’s the Oscar does show them. at my pressure?
Post Reply Post Reply
I think you should take the advise of the experienced members here. I understand how easy it is to worry especially about the unknown and second guessing yourself. I've been there before as I'm sure many others have. You need to STOP focusing on what "could" happen and deal with what "does" happen. I know this is easier said than done but constantly changing your mind and changing settings without any valid reasoning behind it will only make things take longer and create more frustration.

You need to narrow issues down to solve your issues and you're adding more variables to the equation which to me is now becoming counter productive.

Don't take this the wrong way but I was near ignoring this thread when you seemed to refuse to accept help. It can turn people away from helping you because people don't wish to invest their time on helping somebody that doesn't want to help themselves.

You came here for help so please let us help you!

With that being said I really hope you get these issues sorted out because it sure does suck feeling so bad. It also sucks that these problems always tend to take awhile to figure out. Keep on keeping on my friend!
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay. I’m making sure to keep the pressure I had the same last night with NO CHANGES so maybe the 2 days of data can help. I’ve been making sure to eat regular so that doesn’t change variables, and now it’s just show you the Oscar results after a 5 hour nap + 8 hour sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Kept the same pressure but noticed AHI got ALOT worse. No variables changed. I made sure to not touch anything and yet still. Should I continue this pressure?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
okay, ill stop worrying. I was overthinking. The reason it felt hard to breathe was probably centrals as my body needs time to get to used to it. What now?
Post Reply Post Reply
I’ve been suggested the following but would like advice before doing it, like as you said changing pressure will make it worse.
-Turn off EPR
-Set stable pressure
-lower pressure to try to get close to obstructive but stop CSA.
I won’t do anything until we have a plan.
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay my increase to 9.0 pressure caused the CA. Now im not sure if i should keep at 9 and then every week go down by 0.5?
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not as experienced as other people on here but if such low pressures are causing CA events I'm thinking you might have the wrong machine. You might need a different type of machine for treating central sleep apnea as CPAP and APAP are focused more towards obstructive sleep apnea and not central.

Hopefully someone that knows more than I do will figure this out for you. When making these trial and error testing adjustments it's important to be patient and have a thought out plan for the adjustments ahead of time so keep that in mind. Changes have to have a reason and purpose behind them to help narrow down an optimal treatment solution.
Post Reply Post Reply
Would a Bipap or ASV be needed then?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Starting therapy - 3 days in, help and recommendations joedes 2 82 2 hours ago
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 67 1,091 8 hours ago
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Treatment] 6bez8dF5lf - Therapy Help, 6bez8dF5lf 9 231 10 hours ago
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  michaelyu15 - Therapy Help michaelyu15 18 382 Today, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Little Olive - Therapy Adventure Little Olive 71 1,368 Yesterday, 08:23 PM
Last Post: Little Olive
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,964 359,753 Yesterday, 02:17 PM
Last Post: btreger
  MaggieL, Better than a Sweaty Zombie Meat Sack Therapy Thread MaggieL 37 1,078 04-16-2024, 06:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.