Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Interpret Oscar Data - New Aircurve Vauto
Interpret Oscar Data - New Aircurve Vauto
Thanks to You! - I had my first night last night on my new AirCurve Vauto. It replaced my AS10

I would appreciate it it you would look at my Oscar data and tell me what it means

The machine was extremely comfortable. I believe I kept my headgear on for the full night - a first!

I used a chin strap for the first time, so I don't believe I have any open mouth breathing events

Sleep-well

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Interpret Oscar Data - New Aircurve Vauto
This looks good and you are feeling good. So essentially no changes.

But two things.
Change mode so the Flow Limit data will chart.

Set mode = VAuto
Set min epap = 7
Set PS=4
Set max IPAP = 11

Note the above will deliver exactly the same therapy as you are currently getting.

Also Try turning off your ramp.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you. I wll make the changes & report Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night (2nd night) was interesting. I made the recommended changes from set mode "S" EPEP = 7/ IPAP = 11 to:

Set mode = VAuto
Set min epap = 7
Set PS=4
Set max IPAP = 11

Once again I had a rare, full night of sleep @7:41 hours and did not remove my mask.

HOWEVER - The night began with GREAT DISCOMFORT and air ingestion/burping.  I was not able to tolerate it, so I went ahead and changed the settings to:

Set mode = VAuto

Set min epap = 6

Set PS=4
Set max IPAP = 10

Also - Ramp OFF

The change seemed to improve, or correct the air ingestion problem. I noticed my AHI also improved and I had no CA events - while the preceding night I had 3 CA events

I can't tell if I notice improved sleep or rejuvenation. Still feeling a sense of fatigue. I'm working on fatigue from all angles - lab work, thyroid level control, testosterone hormone, weight loss, exercise, stress management etc. I haven't solved the oppressive fatigue I am experiencing yet

I did notice some times of light sleep during the night. Semi dreaming/semi awake. It didn't feel like deep sleep. Maybe restlessness, maybe unknown arousal

Any advice on what is happening is appreciated. Changes, ideas?   What about the pressure change I wen ahead and did

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  oscar data sleeper2460 0 54 Yesterday, 09:13 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 108 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 69 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan
  Need help with OSCAR data Abhi 5 406 03-26-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 312 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 861 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 573 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.