Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Interpret Sleepyhead Data
Interpret Sleepyhead Data
Hi, I'm week 3 into cpap treatment. I'm pretty sure I have a combo of insomnia and sleep apnea. I've been having a hard time getting to sleep even before I was diagnosed with sleep apnea. Now that I'm on treatment, I'm very conscious of all the equipment. I'm using the dreamwear mask which I I'm starting to like and get used to at least when I don't move. When I turn on my side, I've very conscious of it. I'm also using a cervical collar to keep my mouth closed. A lot of the times, I feel like I'm stuck in the phase of being almost asleep. I've seen some improvement but still feeling tired overall. I know it will take time.

My question is how can I tell how long I was actually asleep from my Sleepyhead data? This is only my second post so here's the link to my data. I did take the mask off once to go to the bathroom.

https://imgur.com/a/MWJz5

Thanks for all your help!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Interpret Sleepyhead Data
I fixed your link for you, since you have transitioned to member.

There really is no way to tell from SleepyHead data if you are asleep or awake.  Sometimes we sleep more than we think we do.  Dont-know

Some folk use a Fitbit that claims to track sleep and then compare to #SleepyHead.  You can look at the data from the Fitbit
and compare to the Respiratory graph in SH.  Don't know how accurate they are.  

You just need time to get used to the feel of the mask.  I always felt the DreamWare hard to use if sleeping on my side, but many here
seem to like it.  

Your data looks good to me, but I would turn EPR to 1 or eventually off.  You may then see a drop in the Clear Airway events.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Please help interpret data to improve treatment length during the night GalaxyPast 3 148 04-14-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: GalaxyPast
  can someone help me interpret these? Mshull 4 208 04-11-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Help to interpret "Events per Hour" data Fritz1255 1 155 03-30-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] Please help me interpret my results baganaz 2 234 03-14-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: baganaz
  Help interpret OSCAR for best pressure settings 444zane3 3 451 01-11-2024, 01:08 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  Frequent wakeups with mild OSA -- help me interpret OSCAR? mcrick 6 718 12-24-2023, 09:48 AM
Last Post: mcrick
Question Newbie here - Could you help me interpret data please? Unkikonki 7 553 12-03-2023, 12:32 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.