Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Interpretation of Bipap Pressures
Interpretation of Bipap Pressures
Can some of you more experienced folks help to interpret the pressures on this bipap? It is set to 13-19. It looks in the flow chart that it is always at 19, yet in the By Pressure chart at the bottom, it says that his pressure is always 13. Could this be a failed sensor in the machine not recording the data properly or am I just misinterpreting it.

My brother has a bipap not because of apnea but because of reduced lung function. Since we moved to the new mask, he occasionally gets a vibratory snore.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Interpretation of Bipap Pressures
The system says I reached the max of uploads and I can't find an easy way to find old attachments. So, I'll just describe that the chart at the bottom that says BY PRESSURE just lists 460 minutes under 13 and nothing under any of the other pressures.
Post Reply Post Reply
The pressure chart shows a line at 19 and a line at 13 which would be correct for your setting of EPAP=13 and IPAP=19 and Sleepyhead says that you are operating in fixed bilevel mode so that would seem to be correct. You may need to change the Y axis range on Sleepyhead to make the chart lines clearer.

Sleepyhead seems shows only the EPAP pressure in the By Pressure table, when in bilevel mode, and since you are on fixed bilevel would not show any time for any other pressure.

You might want to change your profile since it says you are on a Resmed machine.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, I will try to figure out how to make that change in Sleepyhead. Thanks! This is my brother's machine, which is why it's not on MY profile.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 247 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 243 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 294 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  APAP Trial - First Night's Results - Interpretation? Juicy 9 4,176 03-04-2024, 09:34 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
Smile How is my OSCAR data looking? Help with interpretation deirdrepen 3 225 02-29-2024, 07:24 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Inconsistent sleep - OSCAR interpretation dadjackets 2 265 02-21-2024, 11:58 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Central apnea and high pressures? esaulcatnas 20 1,729 02-16-2024, 12:22 AM
Last Post: esaulcatnas

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.