Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Morning rebellion
Morning rebellion
I am trying to be a very compliant cpap user. I am making good progress, but one thing stumps me.
I wear the nasal pillows all night, but early morning, maybe 5 o 6 am I must just take the headgear off. I wake up for a few minutes, check out the time and go back to sleep.

But some demon inside me takes the mask off and I sleep the last hour without it. I would rather not do this. Anyone else do this and have any idea how to tame this sleepy tiger inside me.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Morning rebellion
It happens to a lot of people. There's some ways to try and curb that dragon. Er, tiger.

One is to turn off the Autostart, if you have it on. This way when you take off the mask, the machine keeps running.

Next, attach the mask headgear to your shirt. This way, when you take off the mask, the noise of the air is right next to you and will be annoying enough that you wake up enough to make yourself put it back on.

Move the machine out of the way so that you cannot reach the on/off button easily.

Another thing to try is to start wearing the mask with the machine on during the day. Get used to what it feels like while awake. This will make it more likely you won't even think about putting the mask back on and going back to sleep.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
honestly, you might feel better just getting up when you uncouple from the machine. you could get some negatives from dozing off. some of us (yikes me!) sleep for 3.5 hours, get up for about 1.5 hours, then sleep for another 2.5 hours. I don't always feel marvelous, but not getting the over-tired feeling, either.

QAL

ps. I have been getting about 6.3 hours per night average. For 7 months.
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
When I wake up early, I usually lie there with the mask on, especially if one of the cats is saying he is hungry. That way he looks at me and leaves. I will usually fall back asleep and get up about an hour later. The only time I sleep without the mask is when I nod off in the recliner. I swear, there is some sleep inducing drug in it.

Homer
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First Day with S9 AutoSet - Many Clear Airway in the morning liuzilong 6 123 03-18-2024, 09:25 PM
Last Post: liuzilong
  ENT / Morning Sleep r4robin 4 206 03-07-2024, 06:12 PM
Last Post: r4robin
  Events worse in the morning and events in general getting worse Elizabeth79 45 1,996 02-14-2024, 07:48 PM
Last Post: Elizabeth79
  Early Morning change in AHI CasitaWayne 20 6,970 01-19-2024, 06:36 PM
Last Post: jstro84
  Why do I get the big leaks early in the morning. Columbiabill 4 508 11-18-2023, 01:51 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [CPAP] Sweet morning smell..... H2Daddy 12 8,825 10-24-2023, 12:23 AM
Last Post: fly by night
  [CPAP] CA Events and Morning Dizziness gold3n 3 452 09-12-2023, 01:15 PM
Last Post: gold3n

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.