Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Interpretation please?
Interpretation please?
There are three disturbance 'burbles' in the FlowRate chart.  01:54:04, 01:56:04 and 01:57:23

Do these indicate position change or what would you guess them to be?  Also trying to decide IF these may be induced by algorithm pressure increase.

If you have any idea please explain 'why' as I am trying to learn.

Thanks

[attachment=4365]

[attachment=4366]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Interpretation please?
If by "burbles" you mean higher amplitude flow rates, they are a little difficult to analyze in isolation on the graph. They are higher rates of flow, and may be due to body position changes, inspiratory effort or arousal. They are reflected in minute volume and longer inspiratory time. Most of your night looks fairly decent except for that rough patch at 00:20 to 00:40.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-11-2018, 02:56 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: If by "burbles" you mean higher amplitude flow rates, they are a little difficult to analyze in isolation on the graph.  They are higher rates of flow, and may be due to body position changes, inspiratory effort or arousal.  They are reflected in minute volume and longer inspiratory time.  Most of your night looks fairly decent except for that rough patch at 00:20 to 00:40.

'Burbles', a disturbance in the graph pattern- like at 01:54 where the consistent pattern goes nutz- then immediately breaks into a CA.

..Does the CA at 01:55, that happens during a pressure elevation, and the two OA following appear to be pressure induced (or happening because of machine algorithm behavior)?

My best results have been mostly in CPAP mode fixed about 13 to 14 cm and no EPR. (around AHI-5)  This was a Vauto experiment.

THANKS SR for the input. Grin

[attachment=4367]
Post Reply Post Reply
If the VAuto was a CPAP your settings on the VAuto would be 15-24, EPR =2.

The settings on a BiPAP/BiLevel are for the EPAP and on the CPAP they are for IPAP.

Change your settings on the VAuto to your 11-22 PS of 2 to "match" your CPAP

To take advantage of the Auto mode I'd suggest settings of 10-22 (Epap) PS of 2 (Note: most start with PS or 4 on BiPAP/BiLevel)

Vauto Epap + PS = CPAP Ipap = Vauto Ipap
CPAP Ipap - EPR = Vauto EPAP = CPAP Epap

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
zzzZorro, your airway destabilizes unpredictably, and steady pressure with low or no pressure support has consistently proven a winner. If I knew how to fix "burbles" I'd probably not feel so bad about last week's stock market effect on my retirement. Smile
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-11-2018, 05:23 PM)bonjour Wrote: To take advantage of the Auto mode I'd suggest settings of 10-22 (Epap) PS of 2 (Note: most start with PS or 4 on BiPAP/BiLevel)

Fred

(02-11-2018, 06:12 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: zzzZorro, your airway destabilizes unpredictably, and steady pressure with low or no pressure support has consistently proven a winner.  If I knew how to fix "burbles" I'd probably not feel so bad about last week's stock market effect on my retirement.  Smile

Perhaps 'burbles' was not a good word but you got the idea.. Steady pressure and no PS appears to be the best 'fix' for my personal abnormalities.  I have found that auto and S-modes will work better than they used to but still not as good as fixed pressure.  I think I have the ability to drive the algorithms to insanity.   Maybe time with the machine improves things!?

Fred; I'll keep your suggestion in mind for the next time I venture off the range. Cool

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-11-2018, 07:50 PM)zzzZorro Wrote: Perhaps 'burbles' was not a good word but you got the idea.. Steady pressure and no PS appears to be the best 'fix' for my personal abnormalities.  I have found that auto and S-modes will work better than they used to but still not as good as fixed pressure.  I think I have the ability to drive the algorithms to insanity.   Maybe time with the machine improves things!?

I'm sure you will continue to confound the best technology as well as you have perplexed the best minds on this forum. It seems you have tuned into your needs and responses and now command the machines to do your bidding. Welcome to the Matrix.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-11-2018, 12:49 PM)zzzZorro Wrote: There are three disturbance 'burbles' in the FlowRate chart.  01:54:04, 01:56:04 and 01:57:23

Do these indicate position change or what would you guess them to be?  Also trying to decide IF these may be induced by algorithm pressure increase.

If you have any idea please explain 'why' as I am trying to learn.

Thanks

(02-11-2018, 09:25 PM)Sleeprider Wrote:
(02-11-2018, 07:50 PM)zzzZorro Wrote: Perhaps 'burbles' was not a good word but you got the idea.. Steady pressure and no PS appears to be the best 'fix' for my personal abnormalities.  I have found that auto and S-modes will work better than they used to but still not as good as fixed pressure.  I think I have the ability to drive the algorithms to insanity.   Maybe time with the machine improves things!?

I'm sure you will continue to confound the best technology as well as you have perplexed the best minds on this forum.  It seems you have tuned into your needs and responses and now command the machines to do your bidding.  Welcome to the Matrix.

GoodOne "May The Force Be With You" 
Post Reply Post Reply
chart 1, all of them follow a rise in flow/tv,
The last one was the only only one that had a real drop in MV and that also followed a large rise. It looks like you are just breathing between oa or waiting for the co2 to catch up. I wouldn't give any of them a second though. I think your o2 meter will agree. You have a freaky pattern that doesn't respond to pressure like normal apnea. I don't know how much is just that the machines aren't clever enough, to see what is going on. A doctor that wants to chase it down and a good lab tech will be the answer.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 244 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  APAP Trial - First Night's Results - Interpretation? Juicy 9 4,178 03-04-2024, 09:34 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
Smile How is my OSCAR data looking? Help with interpretation deirdrepen 3 228 02-29-2024, 07:24 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Inconsistent sleep - OSCAR interpretation dadjackets 2 268 02-21-2024, 11:58 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  AutoSV data interpretation assistance needed PappaJoe 21 688 02-11-2024, 09:38 AM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  [CPAP] Help with data interpretation and pressure settings Strange54 3 363 01-25-2024, 05:20 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Need help with flow limitation interpretation Clementine39 6 447 01-14-2024, 05:04 PM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.