Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Interpretation..
Interpretation..
Still having a hard time falling asleep. I took the good old 1/2 Ambien aeound 1130pm or so. Finally fell asleep maybe an hour later. ooks to me about 0100 or so the leaks got under control and I may have had some decent therapy for a change?

Is there a way in SH to capture a slice of time like from 0115 till 0530 and have it analyze that? Id really be interested.

Mark

[attachment=1994]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Interpretation..
the attachment didnt work. trying again..
[attachment=1995]
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-22-2015, 04:05 PM)GTOdude Wrote: Still having a hard time falling asleep. I took the good old 1/2 Ambien aeound 1130pm or so. Finally fell asleep maybe an hour later. ooks to me about 0100 or so the leaks got under control and I may have had some decent therapy for a change?

Is there a way in SH to capture a slice of time like from 0115 till 0530 and have it analyze that? Id really be interested.

Mark

You can highlight any time slice you want with the mouse, in the graph, and it will expand to show you details.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-22-2015, 04:24 PM)Terry Wrote:
(12-22-2015, 04:05 PM)GTOdude Wrote: Still having a hard time falling asleep. I took the good old 1/2 Ambien aeound 1130pm or so. Finally fell asleep maybe an hour later. ooks to me about 0100 or so the leaks got under control and I may have had some decent therapy for a change?

Mark

You can highlight any time slice you want with the mouse, in the graph, and it will expand to show you details.
Yeah that I knew. I was wondering if you could take a time slice like 0115 and 0630 and have it figure AHI etc like it does for a complete session.

Mark

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-22-2015, 04:36 PM)GTOdude Wrote:
(12-22-2015, 04:24 PM)Terry Wrote:

Mark

Yeah that I knew. I was wondering if you could take a time slice like 0115 and 0630 and have it figure AHI etc like it does for a complete session.

Mark

sorry, not as far as I know.

Terry
Post Reply Post Reply
Once you get past the first part of the night you're going along smoothly. You're having some hypoaneas.
Early on, the pressure is up and you're leaks are a bit high.
From you median tidal volume, you seem to breathe a bit shallow -- 320 ml compared to a more average 500 ml -- but nothing to worry about.

You could count the OAs + CAs +HA's in the time period of interest, then divide by the time to get the AHI for the time period you're asking about.

It looks like 0+0+10=10 events. Time 01:15 to 05:30 = 4.25 hours

10/4.25 = 3.25 AHI in the period between 01:15 to 05:30
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Mark, I think it would be much more interesting to really zoom in on a very small piece of your flow chart within that period. Kind of like on page 2 of this post http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-rate-stat

Really get close to the flow rate line and make it tall enough so you can see resolution. Also add a zero line by right clicking on the chart and under dotted lines, check Zero line. You have an unusual inspiration/expiration ratio of about 2.5:1.0 (exhale longer than inhale).
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-22-2015, 05:16 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: You have an unusual inspiration/expiration ratio of about 2.5:1.0 (exhale longer than inhale).

I think you mean inhale longer than exhale.

Expiration time is usually about twice the inhale time -- so good catch as it does seem unusual.
The medical significance is unknown to me.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-22-2015, 05:13 PM)justMongo Wrote: Once you get past the first part of the night you're going along smoothly. You're having some hypoaneas.
Early on, the pressure is up and you're leaks are a bit high.
From you median tidal volume, you seem to breathe a bit shallow -- 320 ml compared to a more average 500 ml -- but nothing to worry about.

You could count the OAs + CAs +HA's in the time period of interest, then divide by the time to get the AHI for the time period you're asking about.

It looks like 0+0+10=10 events. Time 01:15 to 05:30 = 4.25 hours

10/4.25 = 3.25 AHI in the period between 01:15 to 05:30
Mongo my friend,
I think my shallow breathing is due to my ever existent anxiety. I breathe shallow just sitting here and sometimes I forget to breathe! lol Then I take a big breath.

I have a recording oximeter and used it last night. My O2 drops a few times during the night but never goes below 90%. It hangs mostly between 85 and 97% except when I get them rushes it drops to like 92% and my heart rate goes up to like 80 for five seconds or so. My heart rate stays in the mid 50's most of the night.

Got an appt with my GP tomorrow to talk with him about adrenal fatigue. Ill see what happens there.

Mark

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-22-2015, 05:26 PM)justMongo Wrote:
(12-22-2015, 05:16 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: You have an unusual inspiration/expiration ratio of about 2.5:1.0 (exhale longer than inhale).

I think you mean inhale longer than exhale.

Expiration time is usually about twice the inhale time -- so good catch as it does seem unusual.
The medical significance is unknown to me.

Exactly. My dyslexic interpretation should be reversed.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 244 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  APAP Trial - First Night's Results - Interpretation? Juicy 9 4,177 03-04-2024, 09:34 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
Smile How is my OSCAR data looking? Help with interpretation deirdrepen 3 227 02-29-2024, 07:24 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Inconsistent sleep - OSCAR interpretation dadjackets 2 267 02-21-2024, 11:58 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  AutoSV data interpretation assistance needed PappaJoe 21 687 02-11-2024, 09:38 AM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  [CPAP] Help with data interpretation and pressure settings Strange54 3 362 01-25-2024, 05:20 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Need help with flow limitation interpretation Clementine39 6 444 01-14-2024, 05:04 PM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.