Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Resmed P10
Humidifier: Builtin
CPAP Pressure: 5-7
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Heated hose

Sex: Male

RE: Interpreting CA events
I agree, but pressure is currently fixed at 6 because the doctor wrote the Prescription that way and I am still early in the compliance period. I know how to change the mode but I don't want to appear uncooperative. I am collecting lots of data to show the doctor at our next meeting.

Zooming in on the flow graph, I see patterns that look like Cheyne-Stokes, which I am keeping an eye on.
04-28-2016 08:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
Possum Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed Airsense Autoset A10
Mask Make & Model: Airfit P10
Humidifier: (included in CPAP model)
CPAP Pressure: 8-12
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Innovo CMS-50F+ pulse oximeter

(04-28-2016 08:43 PM)Sn00zeAlarm Wrote:  I agree, but pressure is currently fixed at 6 because the doctor wrote the Prescription that way and I am still early in the compliance period. I know how to change the mode but I don't want to appear uncooperative. I am collecting lots of data to show the doctor at our next meeting.

I see - that makes sense. I had a similar concern when I first started, but my pressure range needed some work, and my DME told me that insurance didn't give a damn what I did to the settings - they only cared about usage. It's very cut and dry.

You could always call your insurance to confirm how they define "compliance." If they don't care about settings and your DME reports you as uncompliant, well guess what? You have the DATA on your SD card to support that you ARE! You can even generate the exact same compliance report that your DME would send insurance, using the ResScan software! like
(This post was last modified: 04-29-2016 12:09 PM by Possum.)
04-29-2016 12:07 PM
PaytonA Offline
Wiki Editor
Monitors

Machine: ResMed S9 VPAP Auto
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: H5i(distilled-top up)
CPAP Pressure: VAuto MinE14.0 MaxI 20.6 PS4.0
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Even though your pressure is 6 and your EPR is set to 3, your Resmed machine will not go below 4 so, in effect, you have an EPR of 2.

The pattern surrounding your CA is somewhat reminiscent of Cheyne-Stokes Respirations. If it were me, I would bring this up to my sleep doc.

Best Regards,

PaytonA
(This post was last modified: 04-29-2016 12:33 PM by PaytonA.)
04-29-2016 12:29 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
Sn00zeAlarm Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: Resmed A10 autoset
Mask Make & Model: Resmed P10
Humidifier: Builtin
CPAP Pressure: 5-7
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Heated hose

This morning (after the dog woke me at 530 wanting to go out) I never really got back to sleep. I drifted in and out for almost an hour and the graph shows lots of this Cheyne-Stokes-like pattern. So it may just be an artifiact of being half awake - I think I read that somewhere. Anyway, all of my apnea events, of whatever type, look a lot like this on the Flow graph, just of varying severity, which the classification algorithm sorts differently.

A couple months of data should show wether it is anything to worry about. Overall AHI is staying under 2 even counting these borderline events. I have been having mild sleep apnea problems for over 30 years (now that I know how to recognize the symptoms) so I am not too worried.
04-29-2016 01:10 PM
vsheline Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: S9 VPAP Adapt (USA Model# 36007, not better 36037 or 36067)
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F10 or SimPlus w/ 2Liners. MirageQuatro & Gecko gel pad
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 15 EPAP, PS 5-10
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: Marfan Syndrome, chronic bradycardia, occasional Cheyne-Stokes Respiration

(04-28-2016 01:18 PM)tmoody Wrote:  I want to amend what I posted above. For diagnostic purposes, central apnea requires more than 50% centrals AND an AHI>5. Since your AHI appears to be well under 5, the handful of centrals wouldn't be a reason to change therapy. At least, that's how I've (finally) come to understand it.

Hi tmoody,

For diagnostic purposes, central apnea usually requires more than 50% centrals AND the number of centrals per hour >5.

Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment. The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies - not on matters concerning treatment for Sleep Apnea. I think it is now too late to change the name of the group but I think Voting Member group would perhaps have been a more descriptive name for the group.
04-30-2016 03:17 AM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  2015 peer reviewed article on how xPAPs score events and auto algorithms respond robysue 1 66 Yesterday 07:48 PM
Last Post: Perchas
  Events way too high! sfrasher 22 1,174 11-22-2016 06:35 PM
Last Post: sfrasher
  Resmed MYAIR Events per hr results ressler76 6 1,531 10-01-2016 11:07 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  CA events I_will_never_sleep_again 3 293 09-23-2016 06:56 AM
Last Post: I_will_never_sleep_again
  Sleepyhead - interpreting results KSMatthew 4 454 09-01-2016 03:06 PM
Last Post: chill
  [Treatment] Need help interpreting this data TinyTaru 3 273 09-01-2016 02:15 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  What is best way to decrease events? Lanco 4 525 08-31-2016 11:35 PM
Last Post: Lanco