Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How to save AirCurve 10 settings? Transfer to AirSense?
How to save AirCurve 10 settings? Transfer to AirSense?
Hi,  great forum...  A couple questions.
I have a Resmed Aircurve 10 machine.  It is about 5 years old so I'm thinking at some point I will need to replace it.  

1)  Is there an easy way to record the settings that can be easily transferred to a new machine?  I do have the Resmed software, but don't use it much.

2)  I have an AirCurve 10.  (I was on an AirSense 10 but at the time, I needed higher pressure so they switched me.)  Anyway, I was a mouth breather at night so I needed the higher pressure.  I have sense learned to breath through my nose and have dialed back the pressure.  Is the only real difference between these two machines is the pressure they are capable of?  I'm thinking I can use the AirSense 10 again...  Assuming the pressure is ok, can I transfer the settings from my AirCurve 10 to an AirSense 10?

Thanks-
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How to save AirCurve 10 settings? Transfer to AirSense?
Hi, and welcome to the forum.

Unless I’m mistaken, you’ll need to manually note your settings and set the next machine with those numbers.

As for the other questions, first I’d suggest getting the OSCAR reporting tool and using that to post us some data about what’s taking place overnight on the CPAP. Armed with that info, we can better answer your questions.

In the meantime, here’s some tentative answers:

The main difference is the pressure capability, so yes you’re correct. There are likely other areas of difference as well. As far as going back to the other machine, it would depend greatly on how much pressure you really need on the high side. No offense, but you may think one direction about this yet the report may indicate quite the opposite is needed. How about we get a chart or more up, then let’s discuss what these charts tell us? Meanwhile, I’m hoping this helps some.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your settings can be viewed in Resscan, OSCAR and on the Settings screen of your machine. To view the settings, on your machine, just enter the settings menu by pushing the control knob and home buttons at the same time, select Settings by pushing the control know, then you can scroll through all the current settings and record them. The main settings of interest are:
Mode
EPAP min
EPAP max
IPAP max
PS
Ti min
Ti max
Trigger sensitivity
Cycle sensitivity
Humidifier settings

The difference between the Aircurve 10 Vauto and Airsense 10 Autoset is the maximum pressure on the Airsense 10 is 20 cm vs 25 on the Vauto. The Airsense 10 uses EPR with up to 3-cm difference between inhale and exhale pressure, and the Aircurve 10 uses pressure support (PS) which is not limited. The Airsense 10 can therefore duplicate the Aircurve settings provided maximum pressure is 20 cm or less, and PS is 3 cm or less.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you...  Here are my settings...  Will the AirSense work?  

Mode  = Vauto
EPAP min = 12.0  (Was originally 15, I hope I was turning down the pressure.  Has been this way about a year.)
EPAP max = (Did not see this value...)
IPAP max = 16.0  (Was originally 19, I hope I was turning down the pressure...Has been this way about a year.)
PS = 2.0
Ti min = 0.3s
Ti max = 2.0s
Trigger sensitivity = Med
Cycle sensitivity = Med
Humidifier settings = (I have the humidifier turned off...)

My "events" were about 20 so they moved me to the AirCurve several years ago.  I now breath through my nose and I lowered the pressure settings and my events are <4.

Don't think I understand "Vauto"...  I thought it adjusted the pressure as needed...  Whenever I look with Resscan, it's always pegged to Max Pressure...?
Post Reply Post Reply
Addition to above...  I noticed that PS was 4.0 in November 2016.  When I lowered things, it is now 2.0...  (When I lowered the Inhale and Exhale pressure, I lowered them by the same amount...)

I'm thinking of setting it back to 4.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-01-2019, 03:39 PM)Dshow Wrote: Thank you...  Here are my settings...  Will the AirSense work?  

Mode  = Vauto
EPAP min = 12.0  (Was originally 15, I hope I was turning down the pressure.  Has been this way about a year.)
EPAP max = (Did not see this value...)
IPAP max = 16.0  (Was originally 19, I hope I was turning down the pressure...Has been this way about a year.)
PS = 2.0
Ti min = 0.3s
Ti max = 2.0s
Trigger sensitivity = Med
Cycle sensitivity = Med
Humidifier settings = (I have the humidifier turned off...)

My "events" were about 20 so they moved me to the AirCurve several years ago.  I now breath through my nose and I lowered the pressure settings and my events are <4.

Don't think I understand "Vauto"...  I thought it adjusted the pressure as needed...  Whenever I look with Resscan, it's always pegged to Max Pressure...?

With these settings, the Airsense 10 will duplicate the therapy with the machine in Autoset mode, Minimum pressure 14.0, Maximum pressure 15 and EPR 2.  The Autoset cannot do a pressure support of 4, but can do 3.   So if you need EPAP at 12, but want 3-cm of pressure sure support, the settings are a minimum pressure 15, EPR 3, maximum pressure is whatever you need, bu I would just set to 17.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Bag for Aircurve 10 without humidifier? melbell 2 101 04-15-2024, 09:09 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
Smile Alan's New ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Came Today! Deborah K. 20 979 04-14-2024, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Aircurve 10 Vauto ANTIKATE 5 149 04-14-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 17 685 04-14-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Aircurve 10 or 11 replacement Shamus54 8 216 04-11-2024, 09:12 PM
Last Post: SakimaStorm
  AirCurve 10 asv vs AirCurve 11 asv Sterling147 3 200 04-10-2024, 09:41 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Trigger Setting Switch - Aircurve 10 MrIvanDrago 4 146 04-09-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.