Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Interpreting OSCAR data
Interpreting OSCAR data
Hello Everyone,

I need help with interpreting OSCAR data. Where do I start?

Thanks in advance.

spinon
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Interpreting OSCAR data
I would post your daily charts and ask. That will put it into your context.

Then the OSCAR Wiki. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...OSCAR_Help
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi bonjour & everyone,

Apologies for the delay in replying. 

Please find attached my OSCAR data for two consecutive days just over two months ago. I am hoping that someone will help me to interpret these results. These two screenshots indicate the day-to-day variation that occurs with my present CPAP setup. Do these figures point to a problem with my mask fit? I'd like to add that, although my starting CPAP pressure is set to 4.0 cmH2O, the actual pressure always starts at 9.5 cmH2O. I should also add that the maximum pressure was increased to 17.0 cmH2O shortly after these results.

Any comments greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

spinon

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
The 2 Oct says you are most likely tucking your chin. That is the main difference between the 2 nights.

Both say you need more pressure support. You may get more by setting flex to 2 this will help with your flow limits and RERAs.

You may need to go to a BiLevel machine such as the VAuto
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Everyone,

Here is the most recent data that I have imported into OSCAR.

Once again, comments appreciated.

spinon

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-07-2019, 12:15 PM)bonjour Wrote: The 2 Oct says you are most likely tucking your chin.

Hi bonjour,

OK, I checked out your Wiki Help. Now I know what is meant by 'tucking your chin' and it looks as if the solution is the soft cervical collar.

spinon
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll suggest a little more
Soft Cervical collar for the chin tuck
Min pressure to 7 to help with obstructive events and to give flex the best chance to help
Set flex to 2, 3 is ok if it doesn't bother you

I can still see a BiLevel with higher pressure support in your future
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-07-2019, 02:35 PM)bonjour Wrote: I'll suggest a little more
Soft Cervical collar for the chin tuck
Min pressure to 7 to help with obstructive events and to give flex the best chance to help
Set flex to 2, 3 is ok if it doesn't bother you

I can still see a BiLevel with higher pressure support in your future

Hi bonjour,

Once again, thanks for your valued feedback. Never once has my physiotherapist talked about positional apnea and/or SCCs. And these people work within the respiratory clinic! So, I will try to find a suitable SCC and see what difference it makes. Do you have any recommendations bearing in mind that I am in the UK?

As for flex, I don't know what it is. I guess another visit to your Wiki is in order.

spinon
Post Reply Post Reply
Pop to Boots and see what collars are availiable you want it fairly loose but high enough to stop the chin tuck. See our wiki article here 

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...cal_Collar
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-10-2019, 05:59 PM)jaswilliams Wrote: Pop to Boots and see what collars are availiable you want it fairly loose but high enough to stop the chin tuck. See our wiki article here 

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...cal_Collar

Hi jaswilliams

I bought a collar from Amazon. It is made by a company called 'vive'. I've adapted to it more quickly than I expected. It seems to have made a huge difference. But, it's a slight problem if I get up to go to the toilet during the night. When I look down to take aim, I have to be careful not to miss the target!  Too-funny

I'll reply to bonjour with some very recent OSCAR data.

spinon
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  oscar data sleeper2460 0 43 5 hours ago
Last Post: sleeper2460
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 107 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 102 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 65 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan
  Need help with OSCAR data Abhi 5 404 03-26-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 143 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 145 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.