Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Interpreting OSCAR data
RE: Interpreting OSCAR data
(12-07-2019, 02:35 PM)bonjour Wrote: I'll suggest a little more
Soft Cervical collar for the chin tuck
Min pressure to 7 to help with obstructive events and to give flex the best chance to help
Set flex to 2, 3 is ok if it doesn't bother you

I can still see a BiLevel with higher pressure support in your future

Hi bonjour,

I bought, and am now using, a collar. Please see my reply to jaswilliams.

Minimum pressure is still set to 4. But, I may risk annoying the NHS therapists and increase it to 7.

Flex was set to 2 and I have changed it to 3. It seems fine.

I cannot believe the improvement that your suggestions have made. A very big 'thank you' from me. Since I started using the collar on 15 December (eight days ago), my AHI has been less than 5 every night. It is typically 2.5. Wow! Please see attached data.

I cannot thank you enough.

Post Reply Post Reply
PR machines are slow to respond. Starting at 4 is not putting them in the best position to help you thus 7.

You want to monitor your RDI vs your AHI, the difference is that RERAs are added to the AHI. RERAS are a series of Flow Limitations that end in arousal. Arousals we try to avoid because they interup sleep. Unfortunately your machine is not the best at treating Flow limits. Your option is to slowly increase pressure with your current machine.

Ask your team if you can swap to a BiLevel such as the ResMed VAuto. That is the best machine to treat the flow limits and RERAS.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-24-2019, 07:07 AM)spinon Wrote: Hi jaswilliams

I bought a collar from Amazon. It is made by a company called 'vive'. I've adapted to it more quickly than I expected. It seems to have made a huge difference. But, it's a slight problem if I get up to go to the toilet during the night. When I look down to take aim, I have to be careful not to miss the target!  Too-funny

I'll reply to bonjour with some very recent OSCAR data.

spinon

We will need to make note of this serious risk factor in the Wiki!   Lolabove
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-24-2019, 07:07 AM)spinon Wrote:
(12-10-2019, 05:59 PM)jaswilliams Wrote: Pop to Boots and see what collars are availiable you want it fairly loose but high enough to stop the chin tuck. See our wiki article here 

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...cal_Collar

Hi jaswilliams

I bought a collar from Amazon. It is made by a company called 'vive'. I've adapted to it more quickly than I expected. It seems to have made a huge difference. But, it's a slight problem if I get up to go to the toilet during the night. When I look down to take aim, I have to be careful not to miss the target!  Too-funny

I'll reply to bonjour with some very recent OSCAR data.

spinon

Glad the collar has worked out for you, as others have suggested a bit more minimum pressure will reduce your numbers further
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  oscar data sleeper2460 0 35 2 hours ago
Last Post: sleeper2460
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 105 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 101 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 65 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan
  Need help with OSCAR data Abhi 5 403 03-26-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 141 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 144 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.