Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Interpreting results S9 AutoSet
Interpreting results S9 AutoSet
[attachment=1116][attachment=1117]interpreting results S9 AutoSet

I see the doctor once a year, all he tells me is all is fine keep it up.
I will see him again tomorrow.
Last year he upped the pressure from 12 to 16 , it does look like as if I need all the pressure I can get.

What is not shown in the screenshots is sometimes the mask annoys me and I remove it after a couple of hours.
either I get itchy face or because of blocked nose FF mask.
I also have a deviated septum which opens up 50% of the time, after some pressure build up.
see next post for more attachments
I need a second opinion what the graphs mean and what to ask the doctor.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Interpreting results S9 AutoSet
(12-04-2014, 04:41 AM)gofinn Wrote: interpreting results S9 AutoSet

I see the doctor once a year, all he tells me is all is fine keep it up.
I will see him again tomorrow.
Last year he upped the pressure from 12 to 16 , it does look like as if I need all the pressure I can get.

What is not shown in the screenshots is sometimes the mask annoys me and I remove it after a couple of hours.
either I get itchy face or because of blocked nose FF mask.
I also have a deviated septum which opens up 50% of the time, after some pressure build up.
see next post for more attachments
I need a second opinion what the graphs mean and what to ask the doctor.

Hi gofinn, welcome to the forum!

Your apneas and hypopneas look like normal obstructive events. (Breathing restarts with large Flow, gradually progressing into hypopnea or apnea, then big Flow again as pattern repeats.

"Flow" is the estimated Rate (in units of volume per unit of time) of airflow entering (positive Flow) or exiting (negative Flow) our lungs.

Raising the Minimum Pressure to be equal to the median pressure may be helpful (since higher pressure helps to avoid obstructive events), but Obstructive Sleep Apnea is usually highly dependent on sleep position, and probably more helpful would be to make sure you are not ever rolling onto the flat of your back while asleep.

Some people use pillows or cushions strategically placed under the sheets and lean against them to help keep themselves on their side (or diagonal, half way on their side) while asleep. Some may wear a light backpack with something light but bulky in it, to keep them off their back. Others put tennis ball or two in pockets sewn onto a teeshirt right between the shoulder blades or higher. Most people find their pressure needs are far lower when they are not slewing on their back.

Take care,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 531 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 101 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 109 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 133 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help interpreting iMatrix resvent Data Adamby1047 0 98 03-16-2024, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Adamby1047
  [CPAP] Please help me interpret my results baganaz 2 178 03-14-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: baganaz
  Interpreting Oscar values SleepingTight 0 139 03-10-2024, 06:53 PM
Last Post: SleepingTight

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.