Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to the forum and need help with oscar charts
New to the forum and need help with oscar charts
hello all new to posting Im wondering if you guys can look at my oscar charts and help me tweek my machine
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New to the forum and need help with oscar charts
It looks like you're doing pretty well but it would be easier to tell if you can post a daily page showing the data in the left panel with your AHI and machine data. See the links below on how to organize your charts.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
hope this helps
Post Reply Post Reply
At 10-16 pressure EPR 3, your AHI is about 2, with no event type over 1 per hour. Your pressure stays pretty steady and increases from time to time on obstructive events, and minor indication of flow limitations. Your use of EPR is keeping flow limitation in check, but you seem to need every bit of the EPR 3. You appear to have leaks well under control and there are no obvious problems, or changes needed based on this chart. There is a slight clustering to events, so watch out for chin-tucking if you use more than one pillow or a high head support. We can basically throw out the CA cluster as a sleep disturbance.

At this point, it looks pretty good, and if this is typical for you, I don't have changes to recommend. I'm sure there will be some suggestions for higher minimum pressure, but I don't see any need for it, but a minimum of 11/8 would match your current median pressure and might slightly reduce events. At this point, I would simply do what feels comfortable and that is probably good enough.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks for the info, I have been using one of them cpap pillows for about 3 months now.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 102 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 1 108 03-19-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
Question Flow LIMIT data missing tried to search forum Plmnb 16 269 03-10-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  QQ: Looong time BiPAP user, new to ResMed/This forum haemaker 1 188 02-26-2024, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Help Interpreting Oscar Charts - Huge Clusters of OA Heaviside 3 378 02-22-2024, 09:58 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] New with CPAP Request Assist with OSCAR Charts YankeeLaker 18 1,121 01-30-2024, 07:56 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [CPAP] Some Oscar Charts from me Dataporter 3 259 01-28-2024, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.