Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Intro
RE: Intro
I’ve actually found two websites that sell refurbished Resmed S9s.

Bemes has some for $289

And no insurance medical supplies has some for $245 for a 0 hour refurbished S9.

Has anyone done business with either company? Were the machines in good working order? Were you happy with your purchase?
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-15-2019, 06:12 PM)Haroldsdrifting Wrote: I’ve actually found two websites that sell refurbished Resmed S9s.

Bemes has some for $289

And no insurance medical supplies has some for $245 for a 0 hour refurbished S9.

Has anyone done business with either company? Were the machines in good working order? Were you happy with your purchase?

At Bermes, the Resmed S9 CPAP for $289 is an Elite model. It's a good machine, but it is fixed pressure not the Autoset.  This site seems to have fair prices and has a storefront. I think you can rely on what they are selling, but if you are looking for auto CPAP , then the Elite is not it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
At Bermes, the Resmed S9 CPAP for $289 is an Elite model. It's a good machine, but it is fixed pressure not the Autoset.  

Oh crap! Good catch, thank you for that. I do want an auto set machine. I need to upgrade to auto and data so I can figure out what’s actually happening when I sleep. 

I’m a little I’m afraid that part of the problem is i’m holding my breath in my sleep. I woke up one morning as I was opening my mouth to take a deep breath :-/
Post Reply Post Reply
Breath holding is not actually apnea, and no machine will treat it. I think you will find the Resmed Autoset (S9 or S10) actually makes exhale more comfortable, so that this becomes less of a problem. Usually once your autonomic sleep respiration kicks in, it is very rhythmical and breath holding is something that is more common with arousal or awake breathing. Hang in there, and we'll find a good deal. Keep looking.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have to admit I'm getting a little frustrated :-/ It's hard to know which site is trustworthy and what machine to buy. And I can't help wonder if I shouldn't wait until I can talk to the pulmonologist. That's not until April 4th though :-(

I just saw that Bemes has a refurbished Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset CPAP for $349.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-15-2019, 10:11 PM)Haroldsdrifting Wrote: I have to admit I'm getting a little frustrated :-/ It's hard to know which site is trustworthy and what machine to buy. And I can't help wonder if I shouldn't wait until I can talk to the pulmonologist. That's not until April 4th though :-(

I just saw that Bemes has a refurbished Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset CPAP for $349.

That’s a good price for the Airsence 10 Autoset, if the hours are low.
Post Reply Post Reply
If they offer some kind of exchange or warranty, even for 30 days, and the hours are under 20k, it would be a good buy.
Post Reply Post Reply
There is a six month warranty but no mention of how many hours is on it. I’ll probably have to call on Monday to find out about that. 

The other issue is I can’t even talk to the doctor about a prescription until Wednesday.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Some advice with aperia and intro cpap kit ifsmithy 2 324 12-18-2023, 12:42 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Day 3 - Intro & Initial Concerns DivaBreather 3 401 09-13-2023, 06:26 PM
Last Post: Millstone50
  New Member Intro and OSCAR charts DaveInDenver 2 459 08-11-2023, 04:02 PM
Last Post: DaveInDenver
  dgilluly Intro and APAP Settings Thread dgilluly 4 687 08-14-2021, 06:51 PM
Last Post: dgilluly
Question Intro + DreamStation Performance Error Codes pennstump 4 4,848 07-21-2021, 03:27 PM
Last Post: LindanHotAir
  New member - intro nickanti 7 996 06-09-2021, 05:25 AM
Last Post: nickanti
  Newbie Intro EngineerBoo 57 4,955 04-09-2021, 05:11 PM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.