Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Intro
Smile 
Intro
I am ex-Gooserider's long time girlfriend. He suggested I should join here too.  I have been using a CPAP for roughly 20 years without feeling a need to mess with the settings or look at the data. Mostly great success.  I also use an oxygen concentrator. I will probably need to have another sleep study soon after the Covid-19 thing is done, to keep the insurance company happy.  I have just installed Oscar onto my Mac, but have yet to explore how to remove the card from my CPAP or what adapter I need to get data off the card.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Intro
Hi mgwmgw and welcome to Apnea Board.

Sorry you got the late night grump here pulling 3rd shift. JK maybe.

OK some basics: most CPAP style machines will have a standard SD card, possible under a flap on the near bottom left side on the ResMed 10 series.

SD cards click in and lock then click/push in and they pop out. Think sorta like a ballpoint pen...click.

What you'll need if your Mac doesn't have one is an SD card reader. First step is verify if the Mac has an SD card reader built-in or not. If it does, the SD clicks in there. If not we go to the next possible answer. See if it has any USB ports. Get a USB card reader for the standard SD card. Plug in the USB and then the SD card. ex-Gooserider may help out some also.

[attachment=21668]
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
G'day mgwmgw. Welcome to Apnea Board. The advice Dave just gave is spot on. Here is where the card is hidden in your machine.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank-you for the welcome and the information.  Ex-Gooserider has found me an SD card, and thanks to your help, I have found where to plug it into my CPAP.  So now we wait a few days for the data to gather, and then see what Oscar shows us.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-12-2020, 11:21 PM)mgwmgw Wrote: Thank-you for the welcome and the information.  Ex-Gooserider has found me an SD card, and thanks to your help, I have found where to plug it into my CPAP.  So now we wait a few days for the data to gather, and then see what Oscar shows us.

Welcome to the forum.
The waiting is 1 overnight session to get started.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have left a card in the CPAP for a few days then imported the data into OSCAR. I have configured OSCAR as recommended, made a screenshot, and attached it. 

I have questions which may be answered in the Wiki, in which case a pointer to the right place would be helpful.

I am not sure which data in OSCAR to include in the screenshot for discussion here.  Does my screenshot include the right things?

It appears that I am having "Obstructive" events, which implies that the apnea is still happening even with the CPAP. What should I do with that information?

The pressure is constant at 11.  I burp and fart a lot in bed, and have wondered whether some different pressure setting would improve matters, but the discussion I have found in the forum is not very conclusive. What should I do?

Is this explained somewhere I have not yet found?

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Look at the links in my signature for organizing the Daily screen. I hope this may help answer some of your questions.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
See the links in my signature line for directions on how to organize and post data here.

Pay close attention to Organizing the chart. Include the following graphs: Events, Flow Rate, Pressure, Flow Limitations and leak rate. Include the left side bar, minus the calendar and pie chart.

Use the Attachment feature to post your chart here.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a lot more days of data, and I think I have organized the Oscar display as recommended. I am not sure what is best to share. I attach screenshots of 3 days. 

I have tried reading the wiki about what obstructive events and RERA are, for example, but I don't yet understand how to apply what I read to my own data. For example, how do I judge whether the frequency of some kind of event is bad enough that something should be done about it, even if I knew what to do?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Some advice with aperia and intro cpap kit ifsmithy 2 310 12-18-2023, 12:42 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Day 3 - Intro & Initial Concerns DivaBreather 3 365 09-13-2023, 06:26 PM
Last Post: Millstone50
  New Member Intro and OSCAR charts DaveInDenver 2 429 08-11-2023, 04:02 PM
Last Post: DaveInDenver
  dgilluly Intro and APAP Settings Thread dgilluly 4 667 08-14-2021, 06:51 PM
Last Post: dgilluly
Question Intro + DreamStation Performance Error Codes pennstump 4 4,792 07-21-2021, 03:27 PM
Last Post: LindanHotAir
  New member - intro nickanti 7 975 06-09-2021, 05:25 AM
Last Post: nickanti
  Newbie Intro EngineerBoo 57 4,759 04-09-2021, 05:11 PM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.