Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Changing ramp time Fisher Paykal Sleep Style 600
Changing ramp time Fisher Paykal Sleep Style 600
Hello,
I am a newbie to the site.
Does anyone know correct procedure to adjust Ramp Time on the Fisher Paykal Sleep Style 600 machine.
My machine was originally set at Air pressure 12 Ramp Time 20 minutes.
As off last nights Cpap study, My machine is now Air pressure 18 while Ramp Time is still 20 minutes.
I need to change the Ramp Time to 40 - 45 minutes.
Appreciate any and all input
Regards
Greg
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Changing ramp time Fisher Paykal Sleep Style 600
G'day Greg, welcome to Apnea Board.

I can't answer your question as I'm unfamiliar with your machine. However I wonder why you feel the need to increase the ramp time so much. Forgive me if I'm telling you stuff you already know, but the ramp is purely a comfort feature to allow the pressure to build up to pressure at a reasonable rate. Forty minutes is really a long time for the ramp and represents a big percentage of your night's therapy. Many machines don't actually respond to events during the ramp period, so if you do have apneas or hypopneas early in the night they won't get treated.

You can request the clinician manual for the SleepStyle 200 by following the link at the top of this page, but I don't think we have the manual for the 600.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've done a bit of Googling and found the clinician manual (such as it is) here: http://www.osahelp.com/clinician-manuals/FPSS600.pdf

From what I can find online the ramp time on this device defaults to 20 minutes and there doesn't seem to be any way to change it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi HAVAGO,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-01-2016, 11:49 PM)HAVAGO Wrote: My machine was originally set at Air pressure 12 Ramp Time 20 minutes.
As of last nights Cpap study, My machine is now Air pressure 18 while Ramp Time is still 20 minutes.

Hi HAVAGO,

The high pressure of 18 might only have been needed when sleeping on your back.

If you are able to make sure you are never rolling onto your back while asleep, you might be able to use much less than 18.

18 is a very high pressure to use on a machine like the SleepStyle 600 which does not have any form of exhalation pressure relief.

Here is general info on different machines:
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ne_Choices

I suggest asking for a prescription for an Auto-adjusting CPAP machine (APAP) which has the ability to operate most of the time at a lower pressure and automatically raise the pressure only when needed. Also, you need a machine with some form of exhalation pressure relief.

"New Factory Sealed DS560 REMstar Auto AFLEX CPAP Machine with Heated Humidifier and Heated Tube" have been on sale lately at several suppliers for less than US$500, and are excellent APAP machines.

Even better would be an Auto Bi-level machine which is able to drop the pressure while you are exhaling as much as you need, making it much more comfortable.

Take care,
--- Vaughn

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 205 Yesterday, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,426 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Fisher and Paykel Solo Columbiabill 29 3,915 03-15-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: Vako
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 161 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 616 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 244 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  Taking mask off at the same time everynight sleepyman95 2 171 03-08-2024, 12:25 AM
Last Post: sleepyman95

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.