Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Quattro
Humidifier: Phillips Respironics
CPAP Pressure: 10
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Female

RE: Intro, New Dx, Questions!
I thought that was one that I could read the data off of? I haven't tried it yet. I assume the SleepyHead software doesn't auto-delete information on the SD card, right?

I've been waking up tired and with a stiff back the last couple of days. I hope this is just an adjustment phase.
10-14-2013 12:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
SabrinaFaire Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: Phillips Respironics 460P System One
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Quattro
Humidifier: Phillips Respironics
CPAP Pressure: 10

Other Comments:

Sex: Female

Also just learned that there is such a thing as hose covers. I might have to get one as my darling cat decided to chomp on the hose twice this morning. He likes to chew plastic for some weird reason. Some days he's darn lucky he's so cute.
10-14-2013 12:39 PM
Tez62 Offline

Monitors

Machine: Resmed S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: Resmed
CPAP Pressure: 5-15

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

(10-14-2013 12:25 PM)SabrinaFaire Wrote:  I thought that was one that I could read the data off of? I haven't tried it yet. I assume the SleepyHead software doesn't auto-delete information on the SD card, right?

I've been waking up tired and with a stiff back the last couple of days. I hope this is just an adjustment phase.

You should be able to read the data, you will need a data card reader like the one used for a digital camera unless you have an inbuilt card reader in your computer.

No it doesn't auto delete the data.

The sore back is the adjustment phase, people get different things happening to them as we start to heal, just relax and go with. Most people take about 3 months to really start to see the effects is CPAP, some sooner some longer. It all depends on a lot of things like how servere our sleep apnea is, how long we have had it etc. I look at it as a life long journey I am on and in your case you are just beginning.
10-14-2013 03:23 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
Tez62 Offline

Monitors

Machine: Resmed S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: Resmed
CPAP Pressure: 5-15

Other Comments:

(10-14-2013 12:39 PM)SabrinaFaire Wrote:  Also just learned that there is such a thing as hose covers. I might have to get one as my darling cat decided to chomp on the hose twice this morning. He likes to chew plastic for some weird reason. Some days he's darn lucky he's so cute.

The hose cover is mainly used if you are not using a heated hose to reduce condensation, not sure if it will protect it too much from your cat but its worth a try. You don't want holes on your hose.
10-14-2013 03:25 PM
RonWessels Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: REMstar Auto AFlex DS560TS
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: ComfortGel Blue
Humidifier: REMstar Heated Tube DS6T
CPAP Pressure: 11 - 20

Other Comments: CMS50F Pulse Oximeter

The Philips Respironics REMstar Pro is the top-of-the-line fixed-pressure CPAP machine, equivalent to the ResMed Elite. It is fully data capable, but you do need the latest version of SleepyHead to support that machine.

One of the best features of that machine, at least for me, is that it has a mode to provide a (30-day maximum) Auto-CPAP trial. It was the machine that I first purchased when I was diagnosed. My initial titration value of 13 cmH2O was insufficient for reliable treatment, so I turned on the Auto-Trial mode and learned that I occasionally needed a much higher pressure. I ended up replacing it with the REMstar Auto (same series, but officially Auto-CPAP) and haven't looked back.
10-16-2013 12:43 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
DrWho? Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: Philips Respironics/REMstar Pro C-Flex
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Swift FX
Humidifier: Philips Respionics
CPAP Pressure: 17
CPAP Software: Other Software

Other Comments:

(10-10-2013 06:08 PM)SabrinaFaire Wrote:  Thanks for answering my questions, guys and all the information, I really appreciate it!!!

I just thought of another question. I sometimes have what I call night terrors. I don't think they are clinically the same as what children often have, but basically what happens is I think I'm awake, but I'm really asleep and I dream that something (and it varies from a Best Buy salesman to a dark hooded figure to one of those probes from the beginning of Empire Strikes Back) is in the bedroom or apartment. Sometimes I'm able to wake up enough to realize that I was just dreaming, sometimes I wake up screaming. One time I ran into the front room before I woke up completely. So I'm wondering 1. Could this be caused by the apnea? I've always thought it was related to stress. Leading up to our wedding years ago I was having these every night. 2. What if this happens while I've got the mask on?

When I had my sleep study done I dont remember dreaming but the next day the Doctor at the sleep clinic showed me the computer screen and pointed to 3 black squares on it and said "here here and here you were dreaming"
One thing I've noticed since going on to CPAP therapy is I can remember dreaming more often.

I'm not a Doctor but a fan of The Doctor. any views,comments etc are my own
11-24-2013 03:42 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Intro and new set up question wayne99 4 293 10-01-2016 08:19 AM
Last Post: wayne99
  intro/hoping to use wife's cpap temporarily fredflintstone 8 421 09-05-2016 05:57 AM
Last Post: cate1898
  Intro SleepyWabbit 21 3,468 07-02-2016 09:24 PM
Last Post: ForcedAirInduction
  Intro, Thanks and a couple of questions uawelder 9 1,428 08-29-2015 10:08 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  Intro and a question. RestlessRN 10 1,284 08-29-2015 09:59 AM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Intro and request for advice Seabird 55 9,075 08-27-2015 01:46 PM
Last Post: Seabird
  New Member Intro: Auto or Set Pressure? Maudessen 12 2,165 06-04-2015 05:30 AM
Last Post: Mich