Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Intro, New Dx, Questions!
RE: Intro, New Dx, Questions!
I thought that was one that I could read the data off of? I haven't tried it yet. I assume the SleepyHead software doesn't auto-delete information on the SD card, right?

I've been waking up tired and with a stiff back the last couple of days. I hope this is just an adjustment phase.
Post Reply Post Reply
Also just learned that there is such a thing as hose covers. I might have to get one as my darling cat decided to chomp on the hose twice this morning. He likes to chew plastic for some weird reason. Some days he's darn lucky he's so cute.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-14-2013, 12:25 PM)SabrinaFaire Wrote: I thought that was one that I could read the data off of? I haven't tried it yet. I assume the SleepyHead software doesn't auto-delete information on the SD card, right?

I've been waking up tired and with a stiff back the last couple of days. I hope this is just an adjustment phase.

You should be able to read the data, you will need a data card reader like the one used for a digital camera unless you have an inbuilt card reader in your computer.

No it doesn't auto delete the data.

The sore back is the adjustment phase, people get different things happening to them as we start to heal, just relax and go with. Most people take about 3 months to really start to see the effects is CPAP, some sooner some longer. It all depends on a lot of things like how servere our sleep apnea is, how long we have had it etc. I look at it as a life long journey I am on and in your case you are just beginning.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-14-2013, 12:39 PM)SabrinaFaire Wrote: Also just learned that there is such a thing as hose covers. I might have to get one as my darling cat decided to chomp on the hose twice this morning. He likes to chew plastic for some weird reason. Some days he's darn lucky he's so cute.

The hose cover is mainly used if you are not using a heated hose to reduce condensation, not sure if it will protect it too much from your cat but its worth a try. You don't want holes on your hose.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Philips Respironics REMstar Pro is the top-of-the-line fixed-pressure CPAP machine, equivalent to the ResMed Elite. It is fully data capable, but you do need the latest version of SleepyHead to support that machine.

One of the best features of that machine, at least for me, is that it has a mode to provide a (30-day maximum) Auto-CPAP trial. It was the machine that I first purchased when I was diagnosed. My initial titration value of 13 cmH2O was insufficient for reliable treatment, so I turned on the Auto-Trial mode and learned that I occasionally needed a much higher pressure. I ended up replacing it with the REMstar Auto (same series, but officially Auto-CPAP) and haven't looked back.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-10-2013, 06:08 PM)SabrinaFaire Wrote: Thanks for answering my questions, guys and all the information, I really appreciate it!!!

I just thought of another question. I sometimes have what I call night terrors. I don't think they are clinically the same as what children often have, but basically what happens is I think I'm awake, but I'm really asleep and I dream that something (and it varies from a Best Buy salesman to a dark hooded figure to one of those probes from the beginning of Empire Strikes Back) is in the bedroom or apartment. Sometimes I'm able to wake up enough to realize that I was just dreaming, sometimes I wake up screaming. One time I ran into the front room before I woke up completely. So I'm wondering 1. Could this be caused by the apnea? I've always thought it was related to stress. Leading up to our wedding years ago I was having these every night. 2. What if this happens while I've got the mask on?

When I had my sleep study done I dont remember dreaming but the next day the Doctor at the sleep clinic showed me the computer screen and pointed to 3 black squares on it and said "here here and here you were dreaming"
One thing I've noticed since going on to CPAP therapy is I can remember dreaming more often.
I'm not a Doctor but a fan of The Doctor. any views,comments etc are my own

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 152 Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 270 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  New - so many questions Matsu1 4 261 02-25-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  A few questions!! Iceracer 2 307 01-19-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Iceracer
  Need Help. Many Questions wkennedy 6 464 12-31-2023, 10:50 AM
Last Post: wkennedy
  Some advice with aperia and intro cpap kit ifsmithy 2 310 12-18-2023, 12:42 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  My treatment fun. Questions. robbob2112 15 1,594 10-26-2023, 10:19 AM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.