Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help with settings
Help with settings
My water level never goes down on my humidifier and this morning I noticed the heater was not warm when I removed the water chamber. I checked my settings and the humidity level is 4 however under reminders it reads mask off,water tub off,tube off and filter off. Please explain this option in clinicians menu and could this be the problem.
Thanks!!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help with settings
These are warning notification options.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
When you are checking the hot plate under the chamber do it soon after you turn the PAP off because the plate cools down quickly.
if you can't decide then you don't have enough data.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-30-2015, 09:40 AM)MobileBasset Wrote: When you are checking the hot plate under the chamber do it soon after you turn the PAP off because the plate cools down quickly.

Yes I put my hand on the underside of the water chamber (it was cool) so I reached in to feel the plate and it was also cool!
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-30-2015, 08:06 AM)Judy1843 Wrote: I checked my settings and the humidity level is 4 however under reminders it reads mask off,water tub off,tube off and filter off. Please explain this option in clinicians menu and could this be the problem.
Thanks!!

Reminders are just that, reminders. These are settings to remind you when it is time to replace your mask, tub, tube, and filter.

For each of these, the settings are Off / 1-24 months in 1 month increments.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-30-2015, 09:59 AM)Judy1843 Wrote:
(08-30-2015, 09:40 AM)MobileBasset Wrote: When you are checking the hot plate under the chamber do it soon after you turn the PAP off because the plate cools down quickly.

Yes I put my hand on the underside of the water chamber (it was cool) so I reached in to feel the plate and it was also cool!

In the user menu options near the bottom there is an option to Run Warmup.
You should see the symbol in the upper right of the screen flashing. It looks like three vertical wavy lines. Imaged attached below.

Off hand I don't recall how long it runs but the plate should be warm after a minute.

Attached Files Image(s)

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-30-2015, 10:37 AM)AlanE Wrote:
(08-30-2015, 09:59 AM)Judy1843 Wrote:

You should see the symbol in the upper right of the screen flashing. It looks like three vertical wavy lines. Imaged attached below.

Off hand I don't recall how long it runs but the plate should be warm after a minute.

Ok yes I did push run warm up and it did heat up. Do I need to do this every night or does wa up automatically?
Post Reply Post Reply
In the my options screen, set climate control and tube temp to auto, that should keep you from having to run the "warm up".

If your essentials plus option is not turned on, then you would go to the clinical menu to make the same changes.

(08-30-2015, 10:52 AM)Judy1843 Wrote:
(08-30-2015, 10:37 AM)AlanE Wrote:
(08-30-2015, 09:59 AM)Judy1843 Wrote: Yes I put my hand on the underside of the water chamber (it was cool) so I reached in to feel the plate and it was also cool!

Ok yes I did push run warm up and it did heat up. Do I need to do this every night or does wa up automatically?

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  VAUTO Settings vs. CPAP Settings MrIvanDrago 9 828 11-18-2023, 10:29 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  AirCurve 10 ASV settings - Equivalent settings for AirCurve 10 VAUTO Shadowpup 0 857 11-18-2022, 05:04 PM
Last Post: Shadowpup
  ResMed Adjust ASV Settings to AutoASV Settings ronsch00 4 3,662 06-09-2017, 10:57 PM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
  SleepyHead Question: machine settings on Daily Sidebar don't match actual settings Kris the Crone 6 2,115 06-15-2016, 04:37 PM
Last Post: Kris the Crone
Question Auto CPAP settings vs Auto BiPAP settings thasan26 1 2,758 05-06-2016, 02:32 PM
Last Post: robysue

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.