Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Intro and advice request...
RE: Intro and advice request...
What I heard from the DME is that while they want the online data, if it is a problem they are willing to just have me mail the SD card back and forth to them...  (I might see if they are willing to accept an OSCAR summary page via e-mail...

The machine didn't have an SD card in it, but I had a spare to put in, so the data is being saved...
ex-Gooserider
Wheelchair using Paraplegic - T5,  Very hairy face, breath via both nose and mouth, so need full face mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a few nights worth, but am having difficulties getting Oscar to work properly - details in the OSCAR Updated version Bonjour over on the software support section of the forum...

What I've gotten seems to say things are working, at least somewhat....  AHI's are between 0.5 to just over 1.

I hit the max pressure of 16 some, but most of the time seem to be around 7-9 median, and 11-13 95%

Total time in Apnea seems to average around a minute, with range between 34 seconds and 2.20 minutes.

Leak rate median runs between 5 and 10, and the 95% around 25-30, with only 3-10% of the time being in 'Large Leak'...

I'm still not very comfortable with the mask but I have been keeping it on almost all the time that I'm in bed and trying to sleep.  I do find that I often need to fiddle with it a bit when I wake up, especially after I turn over.   I still seem to wake up every 1-3 hours which seems mostly driven by the need to turn over, which is much more of a major effort due to my SCI than it is for most folks...

One thing I am somewhat concerned about (should I be  Huh ) is that about half the AHI's are showing as centrals...  I had zero centrals in the two sleep studies, is there some reason why the Resmed machine is showing them now, and not while I was doing the studies?  (FWIW judging by the pictures, I think they were using the fancy Resmed remote control machine in the titration study)

Is there any way to tell if the CA's are while I'm awake and possibly breathing differently while turning over?  There is a sort of flapper valve in the mask elbow and I some times hear it 'pop' when I'm moving around....

ex-Gooserider
Wheelchair using Paraplegic - T5,  Very hairy face, breath via both nose and mouth, so need full face mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
For attempts at possibly determining waking timing and CA, I'd guess an OSCAR could be posted. It might show somewhere that could help decipher if it were that way.

The elbow flap is an anti-asphyxiation valve. Make sure the elbow is dry, as I recall a bit of moisture may make the noise worse. Sometimes it may move and make noises. Just what one needs when trying to sleep.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OSCAR is not working right for me, but I have managed to get a few shots...  The graphs are very squished but it seems to be the only way to get the ones that are requested into a single shot...

The three I got are

1. A picture of the summary graphs for the days I've downloaded (Note that I think the last day is strange because I slept in a bit past noon....)

2. A Daily from one of the days (I picked more or less at random)

3. A zoom in on one of the CA's from the same day.

If there is some other data that would help, let me know...
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help request... zsearcher 25 1,218 2 hours ago
Last Post: Dormeo
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 292 3 hours ago
Last Post: Expat31
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 169 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 862 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,797 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  [Pressure] Request Recommendation for a Dial Manometer Samwrites 4 119 03-24-2024, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 144 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.