Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Intro and advice request...
RE: Intro and advice request...
I have ordered a different cervical collar off of Fleabay... According to the description, it is supposed to be longer and narrower, so I'm hoping it fits better...
I tried to return the other collar to CVS (per the satisfaction guarantee on the box) and they said that because of COVID they aren't accepting returns at this time Sad  but said to hold onto it, as they will be extending the return window to allow stuff that couldn't be returned now once the panic is over...   Okay 

Mary-Anne tells me that she couldn't see an SD card in her machine, but she thinks she found the slot for it....  How SMALL a card will work?  Digging through my collection of old cards I have one that is 976Mb - will that work enough to get her started?  (I don't know how much space the CPAP data stuff needs...)

ex-Gooserider
Wheelchair using Paraplegic - T5,  Very hairy face, breath via both nose and mouth, so need full face mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello,

That card would be fine. It will last for quite a while.

Cheers,
Damian.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-11-2020, 09:07 PM)Damiansd Wrote: Hello,

That card would be fine. It will last for quite a while.

Cheers,
Damian.
================

Thanks That will be good... I just gave her the card and she will plug it in tonight... Looking through the manual, they don't really say whether the machine will automagically download its data to the card, or if one needs to do something to make it download...  (or will it only record new data since the card was put in?)

The manual doesn't say much about the data recording or software, is there a manual for the software available?  (Not a big deal if there isn't)

ex-Gooserider
Wheelchair using Paraplegic - T5,  Very hairy face, breath via both nose and mouth, so need full face mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
I also have the Airsense 10 and when it sees a new card it formats it and starts using it.

It should be all good.

Cheers,
Damian.
Post Reply Post Reply
The machine will ask to format the card if necessary - say Yes.

The card must be in the machine while you're sleeping. Summary data is stored within the machine but high resolution data (the interesting stuff) is written directly to the card. So if the card's not in there the data is lost forever.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the clarification...  She put the card in the machine last night, and after a few minutes saying it was preparing the card, it seems OK....  Plan now is for her to get a couple nights worth of data, and then pull the card to see what she has.

ex-Gooserider
Post Reply Post Reply
It has been a while with no progress thanks to no word from the sleep doctor, but this morning I FINALLY got a call from him saying that he had gone over the titration study and said it showed very good results with the CPAP, and that he had put in an order for the machine from a local vendor.

I got a call from the vendor within an hour or so, with a bunch of questions relating to insurance and admin stuff...  I was then told it had to go through 'billing' and get blessed by them.  This afternoon I got another call to schedule the appointment to go to their clinic to get the machine - not sure what they will do for mask fitting given the COVID situation but...  At any rate I go to pick up the machine (which is supposed to be a Resmed Airsense 10, with heated hose, etc.  like So once the doctor came through, it seems to be moving fast.  I am not happy about the 6 week hold up, but the doctor was running two ICU units plus other admin stuff, so I can't complain to much, as the COVID patients needed his attention more than I did.

I also was able to get a copy of the titration study and am attaching it...

I also have tried a different collar (e-bay special) and while it fit better, it did not work for me at all - I tried it for about a half hour and woke up gasping several times with a definite feeling that the back of my throat was collapsing....  It felt like it was holding my head tilted back to far, so I might try cutting it down at some point, but now that I have the results of the study it looks like it might not be worth it, as they only showed two hypopneas for the entire test, and I suspect at least one might have been while we were trying different masks...

I noticed there was one big blip in my O2 level where it went way low while I was awake.  I am wondering if that might be an artifact of the instrumentation as I know there was a problem where the sensor either came off or got unplugged and I think it would have been about that time - not sure Thinking-about but since I was awake it seems more likely than an actual reading that low, especially since the rest of the study seemed consistently over the 95% mark.

Glad to have finally gotten word....

.pdf   sleep-titration_3-2019-redact.pdf (Size: 429.67 KB / Downloads: 7)
ex-Gooserider
Post Reply Post Reply
Great news - I FINALLY got my new CPAP earlier this afternoon!!! like   It is a Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset - although I did have to argue a tiny bit to get it...  

Despite the titration study  suggesting the Resmed machine, for reasons unknown, (at least according to the tech) when the Doctor put in the order, he just put down 'autoadjust CPAP' and when I rolled into the DME's shop, they tried to hand me a PR Dreamstation  Huhsign ...   I immediately and firmly said NO THANKS and repeated my preference for the Resmed - and got no real argument once the tech saw there was no machine specified in the order...  I have to admit that I skipped checking the blower hours, but it appeared to be a 'new in box' machine - including the box so I didn't bother (probably should have, but...)

The tech was very nice, and said he had even looked at the board here and found it helpful....  I also got a Medium Resmed Airfit F20 full-face mask

So I start tuning into a hose-head tonight

ex-Gooserider
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh, well played!

Try the machine out before you go to bed, in another room if possible, and while you're watching TV or reading -- something mildly diverting. That gives you a head start on adapting to the new experience. I hope the night goes well for you. If by any chance it doesn't, no worries; it'll get better.

Let us know how it goes!
Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats on the win. Don't let the DME pull any fast ones like that.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2 Night on CPAP! Need Advice ed2397 1 116 04-23-2024, 09:23 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [Treatment] CPAP to Bilevel advice kkjacks 24 1,074 04-22-2024, 02:16 PM
Last Post: kkjacks
  OSCAR advice juniper 7 201 04-12-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Tomkk - Therapy Advice Request Tomkk 7 202 04-07-2024, 07:48 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 52 2,626 04-06-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: akarifur
  New user looking for Advice NeedSleepnea 15 359 04-01-2024, 11:08 AM
Last Post: NeedSleepnea
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 18 524 03-31-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: Expat31

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.