Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Intro and advice request...
RE: Intro and advice request...
Hi Gooserider,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luckk with your CPAP therapy and good job on asking for the machine you really wanted.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Now check to see if you have a SD card. Mine was in my documentation. ANY SD card <= 32GB will work.
Post Reply Post Reply
Awesome! Congrats! And well-done.

I love my DreamStation Auto, and would choose it again in a heartbeat. But I understand why many push for the ResMed.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well I made it through the first night...  I felt like I spent most of the night awake trying (not very successfully) to ignore the mask instead of sleeping, but now I feel pretty good and well rested... 

I haven't pulled the card and put the data in OSCAR yet, as I figure I should give it a few days.   However the 'sleep report' on the display says I used the machine for 6.9 hours, with 0.4 AHI average, and 11.2cm pressure...  Only concern is that it said I had one central apnea which is not good but may be a fluke or random thing....

I did also check the hours on the machine and confirmed that, as I suspected, it was a brand new unit with zero hours showing on the clock...

ex-Gooserider
Wheelchair using Paraplegic - T5,  Very hairy face, breath via both nose and mouth, so need full face mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
Congratulations! Just think, you'll never again have to have a first night on CPAP. The central is completely inconsequential -- don't give it a thought.
Post Reply Post Reply
Super!

I completely agree with Dormeo!
Post Reply Post Reply
That's your call on posting OSCAR in a few days, but myself, I'd probably post an initial Daily chart after 1 night to give a baseline.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I may have missed it the manuals, but I am wondering if there is any way to disable the wireless modem in the Resmed Airsense 10 that works better than putting it in 'Airplane mode'???  I haven't seen anything other than that....
The thing I'm finding with airplane mode is that the machine keeps asking me if I want to turn it off Oh-jeez Since I don't ever see a reason to want to transmit my data to unknown places, I'd be much happier if I could turn it off in the settings so that it doesn't keep bugging me about it....

ex-Gooserider
Wheelchair using Paraplegic - T5,  Very hairy face, breath via both nose and mouth, so need full face mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you never set your machine to transmit the data, you have nothing to worry about. However, if you got your machine from the sleep doc and you know that they set it up to transmit the data, then you need to turn off the reporting system by deleting the linkage to the server. If it wasn't so late at night, I'd give you the specific instructions. But my mind is rapidl;y dropping into sleep mode --sorry!
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
If your health insurance is paying for the machine, you may need to keep that data connection on. They need to verify compliance for the next 3 months with 4 plus hours use on 21 days of each month, as I recall. Since you received the machine through a DME, this is likely to be the case.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help request... zsearcher 23 1,187 10 hours ago
Last Post: zsearcher
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 164 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 14 253 Yesterday, 12:33 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 853 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,784 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  [Pressure] Request Recommendation for a Dial Manometer Samwrites 4 118 03-24-2024, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 143 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.