Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Intro and questions
RE: Intro and questions
It took me about a week to get used to the mask. I could never get the mirage fx to seal right, so maybe a different mask might help you? Also, if you're opening your mouth perhaps a chin strap could help? Regarding mask tightness, too tight is just as bad as too loose. Best of luck with your therapy, and welcome to the board!
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-14-2015, 06:33 AM)OpalRose Wrote: Preferably Screenshots of:

Event Graph
Flow Rate Graph
Pressure Graph
Leak Rate
Snore and Flow Limitation Graphs

Also include the left Side Bar. You can hide the calendar. Do not include the right sidebar.

Will post as soon as my post limit allows me to post photos.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-14-2015, 01:19 PM)wxmcpo Wrote:
(05-14-2015, 06:33 AM)OpalRose Wrote: Preferably Screenshots of:

Event Graph
Flow Rate Graph
Pressure Graph
Leak Rate
Snore and Flow Limitation Graphs

Also include the left Side Bar. You can hide the calendar. Do not include the right sidebar.

Will post as soon as my post limit allows me to post photos.

Oops! Sorry, I forgot about the post limit.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Figured it out. See post below. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
[Image: SH%202.jpg]

[Image: SH%203.jpg]

[Image: SH%204.jpg]

[Image: SH%201.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
Your AHI reading is way too high. You are having mostly Clear Airway Events.
Also see a high leak rate. Your mask could be too tight, too loose, or you are mouth breathing.

I am not well versed in the machine your are using, so I won't try to advise you on pressure settings, but I'm sure with some adjustments, you will see improvements.
Someone will be along soon that can help you with that.

Great screenshots!
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
wxmcpo,
Just going back and reading your original post. Have you gone back to your doctor? He can't possibly be happy with such high AHI readings.
Hopefully someone else will advise you on better pressure settings.

OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-15-2015, 08:17 AM)OpalRose Wrote: Your AHI reading is way too high. You are having mostly Clear Airway Events.
Also see a high leak rate. Your mask could be too tight, too loose, or you are mouth breathing.

I am not well versed in the machine your are using, so I won't try to advise you on pressure settings, but I'm sure with some adjustments, you will see improvements.
Someone will be along soon that can help you with that.

Great screenshots!

Yeah that's one of my AHIs (highest I have seen is over 44 though) and they fluctuate just about every night. The last two nights I actually tightened the mask a little (think I had it too loose and that was the reason for the high leak rate) and my AHI went down to a little over 12 two nights ago to a little over 18 last night. I know I also do some mouth breathing because my wife tells me.

(05-15-2015, 10:39 AM)OpalRose Wrote: wxmcpo,
Just going back and reading your original post. Have you gone back to your doctor? He can't possibly be happy with such high AHI readings.
Hopefully someone else will advise you on better pressure settings.

I go back on 29 May and hopefully will get some news about my therapy and improving it so the AHI number comes down. I think I need a pressure adjustment because it feels like the numbers are too low for me, but I don't want to mess with the pressure until I see the doc and he tells me where I truly need to be.

Appreciate the replies.
Post Reply Post Reply
YIKES ALMIGHTY!

ok - this many CA readings definitely points to the need for other treatment options. One 'might' be an adaptive servo ventilation machine that helps maintain a steady respiration rate.

machines may not be the only treatment, though. I sure hope the doctor has a lot to say, and not just 'hmmmm.'

hate to make the suggestion, but maybe someone should - try a straight 6 cmH2O setting IPAP max 6 PS= 0. see if this brings down CAs to below 5 and keeps total AHI below 10 consistently.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-16-2015, 11:32 AM)quiescence at last Wrote: YIKES ALMIGHTY!

ok - this many CA readings definitely points to the need for other treatment options. One 'might' be an adaptive servo ventilation machine that helps maintain a steady respiration rate.

machines may not be the only treatment, though. I sure hope the doctor has a lot to say, and not just 'hmmmm.'

hate to make the suggestion, but maybe someone should - try a straight 6 cmH2O setting IPAP max 6 PS= 0. see if this brings down CAs to below 5 and keeps total AHI below 10 consistently.

QAL

Yeah there were 246 CA events on that night. Went down to 79 events the next night and back up to 147 and 142 the following two nights. I feel like I have slept better the last three nights and have had AHI readings of 12.83, 18.68 and 19.33 respectively. I certainly am hoping my doctor has some things to say other than hmmmm as well. The one constant has been there has been no consistency since I started my therapy.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 146 Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 267 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  New - so many questions Matsu1 4 258 02-25-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  A few questions!! Iceracer 2 307 01-19-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Iceracer
  Need Help. Many Questions wkennedy 6 464 12-31-2023, 10:50 AM
Last Post: wkennedy
  Some advice with aperia and intro cpap kit ifsmithy 2 310 12-18-2023, 12:42 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  My treatment fun. Questions. robbob2112 15 1,593 10-26-2023, 10:19 AM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.