Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Introduction- and Journey
RE: Introduction- and Journey
I know something out there will be the right thing for me. It just may take a bit to get there.

After searching the interwebs tonight here is a shortlist of masks I want to try:

1. Respironics Dreamwear Nasal

2. ResMed Airfit N30

3. Respironics whisp, the standard not necessarily the dreamwear

How quickly do you know/not know a mask is for you or not?
Post Reply Post Reply
I immediately knew the Dreamware mask was not for me because the sound of the air traveling through the side pieces seemed diabolically designed to keep me awake. Nothing was going to change on that front; I know those acoustic sensitivities too well. But other experiences I had seemed to call for more patience, especially in getting the mask fit just right and in making sure the nasal pillow size was right.
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay! Just picked up the machine. New out of the box AutoSet For her and I verified zero hours and the person said “you’ve done your homework”. 

The person was very helpful, but I have  a few concerns already. 

First, they didn’t write a range on my prescription but gave an exact pressure of 11. so it’s not set to auto titration or for the exhale drop of pressure. So do I go rogue on the first night of treatment?  

What would you recommend I start with? 

Any other recommendations for tonight?

Second- I did get the ResMed N30i to try so that’s good. Not really a concern but figured I would update none the less. 

Last do you have a size of SD card you recommend? Mine didn’t come with one. I’m going to be running some errands before returning home, so I can pick one up easily. 

Also, is it weird to be strangely excited?
Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats on the new machine and finding a supplier with low hassle factor.

I have heard good things about the N30. Take a look at the Resmed Airfit P10 and the P10 For Her model. This mask will not leak, is quiet and is the lightest, least obtrusive you can try. Don't be turned off by the nasal pillows. They do not go in your nose, they rest along the bottom.

A good startup with the Autoset for her is in
Mode: Autoset For her
Minimum Pressure 6.0
Maximum Pressure 14.0
EPR (exhale pressure relief) On, Full Time, Setting 2.
Humidity 4
Tube Temperature 80.

With your apnea being primarily hypopnea, you probably will move to EPR setting at 3 and a slightly higher minimum pressure.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Standard or SDHC SD card up to 32 GB in standard size. Shop for least expensive at places like Staples, Wal-Mart, Best Buy, etc. or at digital photo stores.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks! I picked up a 16 GB card but we have a micro center nearby where I can get a 32GB eventually- I can always use them at school so that’s not an issue.

When they had me try the machine, it felt like I was trying to breathe against a wind tunnel but I’m sure that’s because EPR wasn’t enabled and I’m fairly sure the tech enabled it on my titration last week. The person today was not concerned with that but I also didn’t tell her I was going to be going rogue. I just kept talking about “I know I’m going to have to give my treatment time and some tweaking”. They took that at face value.

I also have a P10, they let me keep it from last week so at least I have a couple of things to try.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not strange to be excited! Try out the machine and settings before bedtime, ideally in another room while doing something diverting (TV, reading). And don't worry if there are bumps in the night. You will solve the problems in your path, and it will get you where you need to go.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-23-2020, 05:47 PM)melodyknit0375 Wrote: Thanks! I picked up a 16 GB card but we have a micro center nearby where I can get a 32GB eventually- I can always use them at school so that’s not an issue.

When they had me try the machine, it felt like I was trying to breathe against a wind tunnel but I’m sure that’s because EPR wasn’t enabled and I’m fairly sure the tech enabled it on my titration last week.  The person today was not concerned with that but I also didn’t tell her I was going to be going rogue. I just kept talking about “I know I’m going to have to give my treatment time and some tweaking”.  They took that at face value.

I also have a P10, they let me keep it from last week so at least I have a couple of things to try.

A 16gb is loads the original Resmed card was only 2GB no need to get anything bigger ever
Post Reply Post Reply
So I woke up just after 4am- when my alarm goes off at 4:45 so I decided to get up (because I wasn't going back to sleep at that point) and get you my fine data from last night.  Still a little early to tell, but I am surprisingly "awake" for this point of the morning.  Will see what the rest of the day brings.

Post Reply Post Reply
Well, well -- look at you!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,336 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Journey to cure UARS. OSCAR data attached gzaw 5 929 03-19-2024, 03:39 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  CPAP journey start - please help (thread) Negligee1136 48 4,274 01-29-2024, 03:54 AM
Last Post: zaienk
  Dr. Steven Park details his UARS journey gainerfull 3 622 12-18-2023, 12:01 PM
Last Post: srwilsn3
  Twobigwheels - CPAP Therapy Journey Twobigwheels 34 1,202 11-27-2023, 09:55 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  The Journey Begins - clearairways Therapy Thread clearairways 76 4,395 11-04-2023, 06:48 AM
Last Post: clearairways
  A few questions whilst I navigate my journey (masks/flow rate) Rebdr 11 803 10-30-2023, 02:17 AM
Last Post: Rebdr

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.