Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First full nights sleep thanks to Aromatherapy!!!
RE: First full nights sleep thanks to Aromatherapy!!!
I have tried aromatherapy with my CPAP machines at different times but I do just as good without it. By the way, I wouldn't put the oils in the water you use in your humidifier chamber because they can gum things up over time. Of course, if you clean your chamber regularly, you might not have any problems.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I know this may be strange in a way, but I use a little bit of Listerine Mint in my water. I was told as long as what you put into the water is safe for consumption it is safe to use. The nice part about using the Listerine is that it also disinfects as you are using the machine. You can use any flavor of Listerine, but to be ok to use it has to be alcohol based.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-02-2015, 10:41 PM)kevin34ct Wrote: I know this may be strange in a way, but I use a little bit of Listerine Mint in my water. I was told as long as what you put into the water is safe for consumption it is safe to use. The nice part about using the Listerine is that it also disinfects as you are using the machine. You can use any flavor of Listerine, but to be ok to use it has to be alcohol based.

hmmm......I don't believe Listerine is safe for consumption. Sad
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-03-2015, 01:20 PM)OpalRose Wrote:
(12-02-2015, 10:41 PM)kevin34ct Wrote: I know this may be strange in a way, but I use a little bit of Listerine Mint in my water. I was told as long as what you put into the water is safe for consumption it is safe to use. The nice part about using the Listerine is that it also disinfects as you are using the machine. You can use any flavor of Listerine, but to be ok to use it has to be alcohol based.

hmmm......I don't believe Listerine is safe for consumption. Sad

Actually it's alcohol and the active ingredients aren't harmful in very small quantities.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yup I agree with the NO group. Just recovered from another migraine today (had one yesterday too). No added scent of any kind for me at night.
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 113 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 447 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 205 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  21 nights in, seeking advice smmille1 3 182 03-10-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: smmille1
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 16,452 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 185 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Pros/Cons of buying PAP at full price TwoFistedWonderBrain 14 678 02-24-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.