Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Introduction and advice
RE: Introduction and advice
Nothing wrong per-se, but is it your intention to have EPR only during ramp? There are 3-EPR setting available in the menu: Off / Ramp Only /Full Time. If you'd like EPR to be on all night, you should change the setting to Full Time.

Smartstart, automatically starts the machine when you put on the mask and exhale. It can be a nice feature to enable as it will start the machine when you mask up, and doesn't require a button push. The Smartstart also stops the machine automatically when you remove the mask.

You can manually control humidity levels. Climate control can be set to Auto / Manual / Patient. When set to Auto, Climate Control prevents rainout by maintaining 80% relative humidity in the delivered air. If Climate Control is set to Manual, Humidity Level and Heated Tube temperature can be set independently. You might find a manual setting more comfortable.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your help.
Have set EPR to full time.

I run with the climate control set to 5%, though I have been told that this is nothing to do with RH figures which I am used to working with.
Anything above the 5% figure and I start to get rainout.

Trouble is that if I mess with too many settings at the same time I will not be sure what has given me a better or worse result.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just a note about your Max pressure...

It's probably not the max pressure that's waking you up - if you never need 18, 19, 20, the machine will never go there. If you never need pressure above 15 the machine won't go there. And if you start to rouse, and, like me, at that point your need diminishes, the pressure will go down.

Most likely what was rousing you was the EPR setting, probably in concert with a rise in pressure. You're not used to breathing against airflow at X cm H2O, so it rouses you. Turning EPR on full time reduces your exhalation, and shouldn't cause so much disturbance.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have put the max pressure back up to 20, EPR on constant gave a good result first night, my sleep was disturbed for other reasons last night, hoping tonight is better.

May be getting somewhere.Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 37 1,524 03-17-2024, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 97 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  [Treatment] Looking for Advice jlacassin 0 54 03-15-2024, 03:51 PM
Last Post: jlacassin
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 13 515 03-12-2024, 02:54 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Treatment] CPAP to Bilevel advice kkjacks 21 724 03-12-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: kkjacks
  21 nights in, seeking advice smmille1 3 183 03-10-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: smmille1
  [Admin Note] Policy clarification [off-site advice & advice given via Private Message system] SuperSleeper 2 2,768 02-06-2024, 09:00 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.