Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Introduction & newbie getting equipment tips
RE: Introduction & newbie getting equipment tips
Bonjour and Stacy, thank you both for your reply. After mulling this over a bit more, I called back one of the suppliers I liked, and told her to give me a price without insurance - the ResMed AutoSet for Her and the mask/hose/whatver to get me started would be in the 750 range complete, and the insurance compliance situation is taken out of the equation at that point. I'm just hoping my internist calls me back in the morning, and is willing to generate a new script with the APAP 5-15 designation, diagnosis OSA. According to the supplier, who's already seen all my paperwork, thats all she needs to hand it to me on the spot (and my credit card of course Wink ). Its a new machine. Am I missing anything?

Thanks again!

Michelle
Post Reply Post Reply
I am not connected in any way with supplier 2, only purchased from them and got and excellent bipap at a great price.  Here are a couple of machines that are what you are looking at.  NEW and USED.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Because you are new to this I would get my mask from a local provider where you can try it on and get it sized. Make sure you can bring it back if it does not work for you. Once you start with a provider you can get all your mask supplies from them them every 3 to 6 months for “free” through insurance.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the info! The machine is not too far off the price of the supplier, since its including the mask and the heated tubing. As for the supplies, since I'm going renegade and not using the insurance, I'll just shop I suppose, since ultimately its all less expensive than the stress of dealing with the sleep clinic. My doc is normally a piece of cake, but knows nothing about this, so lets see if she's willing to cut the script tomorrow - maybe I'll be able to knock the afib out by next weekend!  Thanks

Michelle
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't know about the AFib, but the apnea will be no problem.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just so the shady DME doesn't try a switch on you, it may be good to have Doc insert the magical phrase Dispense As Written. The DME typically hates DAW, but too bad. Oh, and look at the actual machine and the Run Hours. Check the name on the bottom right front or the back ID label to see if it's a correctly named machine. If you're buying an AutoSet, it will say AirSense 10 AutoSet or AutoSet For Her in metallic lettering. It doesn't matter whether insurance or your credit card is buying it, if the DME says it's new, 0 run hours will show. If anything else, consider if you want a new priced used machine. OK an hour or so is vastly different than a new 1,500 hour machine.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dave is correct, be sure you check the hours run. If you don’t know how it is simple and if you search YouTube “ResMed 10 check run hours” the Video will show you how to do it. Don’t take their word for it, the hours run can NOT be changed by anyone.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 382 Yesterday, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  ASV settings and tips jcp519 43 1,352 03-26-2024, 03:19 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 130 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 190 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 203 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] [NEWBIE] I cannot sleep with CPAP colethegamer 11 481 03-06-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  Newbie with extreme swallowing air Burrells5 3 267 02-28-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.