Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Introduction of new User
RE: Introduction of new User
Welcome to the forum SleepMeister007, and greetings from Canada! Sounds like you are off to a great start!
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-08-2016, 03:28 AM)SleepMeister007 Wrote: Hi Folks

New to Forum and wanted to introduce myself.

I'm from South Africa and recently got diagnosed with SA. Went through the whole shebang of sleep test and the end result was 113 AHI per hour. After using a test-machine they came to the conclusion that my pressure should be 15 whatchamacallit Oh-jeez

After some digging on google I decided to get the Resmed Airsense 10 Auto with a F10 mask, which was programmed with the range of 7-16.

I hope to learn much from all you knowledgeable members Grin
Hi
Welcome
I see your getting a lot of help form the "Team". You'll find members of the forum are a good at teaming together to help eah other.

I just wanted to let you know; here in Colorful Colorado we eat whatchamacallits, it's considered a form of therapy
Laugh-a-lot
2004-Bon Jovi
it'll take more than a doctor to prescribe a remedy

Observations and recommendations communicated here are the perceptions of the writer and should not be misconstrued as medical advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi,
I am new to your forum. I was on a Cpap about 5 years ago and stopped. So glad that I started my therapy again. My wife was going to kick me out of the house if I didn't do something. So here I am back at it. Glad I did something about it. So I went back to the doctor. The sad part about all of this is the local supplier tried to get me to buy a new machine and sell me unnecessary stuff. I just decline and used my old machine and changed the pressure with my new prescription. I just asked for my prescription and they gave it to me. So I will be looking for cheap supplies.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to Apnea Board Thurman,
Happy you are trying again. Feel free to start a new thread if you have questions about your therapy.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good numbers for just starting. It took me two months before my first good night sleep. Once I got there it was pure heaven. Hang in there. For some it is easy and some it takes more time. I think the most important part is comfort. Do not be happy with just any setup. We are all different and can adapt to different situations. Simple things can make the biggest difference.

I bought one of those CPAP pillows. $70 and worth every cent. Got a chin strap for mouth leaks but could have used an athletic sweat band just as easy. Now I use the chin strap over the mask strap to keep the mask in place. Last creative invention was to tie a shoestring to the bed post and hang the tube up high.

Get creative and it will pay dividends. The doctor can get you the right machine but only you can mak it comfortable.
CPAP is a journey like “The Wizard of Oz”. It’s a long slow journey. You will face many problems and pick up many friends along the way. Just because you reach the poppies, it doesn’t mean you are in Kansas. 
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Member - Introduction cramseur 3 647 02-18-2022, 02:55 PM
Last Post: cramseur
  Introduction - Started 09-29-2021 omalley576 9 1,202 11-03-2021, 03:07 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  [CPAP] New forum member introduction and questions Jadazu 7 1,064 05-18-2021, 06:15 PM
Last Post: Jadazu
  [CPAP] Introduction Knitman 133 8,135 02-04-2021, 11:17 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  10 year CPAP user, new system and new mask and 1st time Oscar user armandxp 2 1,130 01-26-2021, 05:44 PM
Last Post: armandxp
  [CPAP] Introduction and 1 week in darrenk 7 1,127 12-30-2020, 08:53 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Introduction- and Journey melodyknit0375 74 7,117 12-25-2020, 12:31 PM
Last Post: Knitman

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.