Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Introduction to group and need general advice.
RE: Introduction to group and need general advice.
Throwing in my two cents:

1) On the nights where the data is posted, the beginning ramp pressure is 4cm and lots of events occur during the ramp period. Increasing the beginning ramp pressure should address those problems.

2) Once the beginning ramp pressure is set to 9cm and the min pressure is set higher, we should see a decrease in the number of events, including the VS and VS2 snores. While I would not focus on the VS2 snores, I would not totally ignore them either. I'd keep a watch on them: As long as they don't get worse, I'd not worry about them, but if they DO get worse, then I'd look for a cause. (For example when my nasal allergies start acting up, they tend to increase my VS and VS2 snores.)

3) Leaks are MUCH better on July 13 and July 14.  Whatever you did on those nights to address the leak problem appears to be working.  Keep that up.

Finally:
(07-16-2017, 10:21 PM)quiescence at last Wrote: (2) flow limitations tend to stay well above 0.50 which indicates that a higher minimum pressure would make breathing easier and sleep more restful. (3) RERA is still significant (over 1.0) most nights, meaning you are awakened by increased effort to breathe.
I personally don't think either the FL Index nor the RERA Index are particularly significant, particularly in light of the AHI.   That's not to say I'd ignore them completely, but rather I'd treat them the same way as VS and VS2 data: Watch them, but not worry about them.  IF the pressures can be set to address the clusters of OAs and Hs, then the RERA Index might decrease a bit.  But it's unrealistic to think that either the RERA I or the FLI will be below 0.5 night after night after night.
Questions about SleepyHead?  
See my Guide to SleepyHead
Post Reply Post Reply
Ha. Ha. Just something to also note - PR machines tend to measure resistance to flow during inhale as a flow limitation, but seem to ignore flow limitations during exhales. More than a few apneaboard posters had difficulties exhaling and they have FL logged by their PR station as nearly zero.

By the way, some were so disturbed by their flow resistance during exhale they had fitful sleep.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just bought a package deal of second hand equipment - a ResMed S9 Autoset + humidifier with 2 hoses & a Mirage Quattro full face mask with travel bag.

They were purchased 2 years ago by a workmate who only used them for 6 months. 

Checked the posts here & both seem to be highly rated.

For $200AU I couldn't resist.

Back on the Amara View mask last 2 nights & 1st nights AHI down to 2.7 - haven't checked last night yet - but both nights sleep interupted by what seemed to be over pressuring - but when I checked the Dreamstation it showed 14.5 - have adjusted my ramp to 9 & my lower to 13.5.

Feeling tired during the day again - 1st time since starting therapy. 

Very interested to see the difference with the ResMed - thinking their breathing algorithm might help me. Also the Mirage Quattro might be the answer to my mask dramas.

Will post my charts on the weekend again.

Again a big thank you to everyone for your help with getting me on the right track - very much appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
I too, am new to this forum...it looks great with very smart an helpful people out there in this cyber world..at times some of the information is very over whelming, but am hoping to get the gist of things as time goes on...I haven't got a card reader as yet, so that's next on my list, then I might be able to start getting the hang of what going on with my sleeping..I do sleep thru the night now, which is a huge bonus, but still don't know what all the data means, so will probably bring it in here when I work out how...lol
thanks for accepting me in and look forward to getting to know you all and thanks in advance for the help Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Marilyn - good to see another Aussie here - have come across a few so far.

Yes - there's a lot of experience & good advice here.

Wishing you all the best & hope your sleep is undisturbed & your dreams are biss.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR advice juniper 7 173 04-12-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 52 2,525 04-06-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: akarifur
  New user looking for Advice NeedSleepnea 15 328 04-01-2024, 11:08 AM
Last Post: NeedSleepnea
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 18 464 03-31-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 286 03-27-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 1,026 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 186 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.