Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Introduction to group and need general advice.
Further Introduction
Previously posted a introduction where I detailed the problems I encountered getting diagnosed & tried to copy/paste snapshots of both my initial test results & my Sleepyhead data.
They both appeared fine until I posted them & then they just appeared as a continuous jumble of continuous lines of random letters.

I've copied & pasted this - had to convert the test results file format & rearrange the Sleepyhead data back in to columns but know the feedback I'll get will be worth the trouble.

TEST RESULTS

Gazza59 "presents with a history of snoring, restless sleeping, poor concentration, a dry mouth upon waking, abnormal leg movements and excessive daytime sleepiness. Epworth Sleepiness Score (ESS) = 19/24. Past medical history includes bronchitis and heart burn. He rated his quality of sleep on the study night as average, awakening feeling un-refreshed. Approx. 3 standard alcoholic drinks were consumed on the evening.

Lights out@ 21.00hrs. Sleep onset= 30.0 mins. Latency to REM sleep= 244.0mins. No slow wave sleep was recorded. REM sleep proportion = 9.6%. Sleep efficiency= 60.0%. The EEG arousal index = 100.9, most often associated with respiratory events.

Respiratory: There were 267 obstructive apnoeas (average duration= 17 secs-longest= 42secs), 2 mixed apnoeas and 139 hypopnoeas (average duration= 19secs-longest = 45secs) recorded. The overall AHi = 97.5 and REM AHi = 102.5. A total of 250.5mins of supine sleep were recorded, with 24.0mins of REM. Frequent snoring was recorded. Mean awake SaO2 = 82%, nadir SaO2 = 80%. 58.8% of sleep total was recorded at an oxygen saturation below 88%. Total number of Limb movements= 43, PLMS index= 6.7 with a PLMS arousal index of 1.9/hr and 6 isolated limb movement arousals. Average heart rate= 84 bpm.

SLEEP PHYSICIAN REPORT

Interpretation: Very severe obstructive sleep apnoea/hypopnoea associated with snoring, severe oxyhaemoglobin desaturation, evidence of hypoventilation in sleep with poor recovery of oxyhaemoglobin saturation between discrete obstructive events, and very severe sleep fragmentation.
Recommendations: CPAP therapy is strongly recommended. Measures including weight reduction, avoidance of alcohol and sedatives and attention to issues affecting sleep hygiene should also be emphasized."

The REM & leg movement data should be much higher as the sensors became dislodged during the night.

CPAP Statistics
                                        22 days of CPAP Data, between Fri Jun 16 2017 and Fri Jul 7 2017
Details                                                 Most Recent    Last Week  Last 30 Days  Last 6 Months  Last Year 

CPAP Usage 
Average Hours per Night                   02:56               06:10          06:39            06:39            06:39
Compliance                                        0%                   86%          95%               95%             95%
                                                                                               Therapy Efficacy
Apnoea Hypopnea Index                    2.38                 4.90            5.50               5.50             5.50
Obstructive Index                              0.68                 2.22            2.74               2.74             2.74
Hypopnoea Index                              1.02                 2.27            2.28               2.28             2.28
Clear Airway Index                             0.68                 0.42            0.48               0.48             0.48
Flow Limitation Index                         1.70                 1.39             1.27              1.27             1.27
RERA Index                                      1.02                 1.57             1.16              1.16             1.16
                                                                                                    Leak Statistics
Average Leak Rate                            8.86                  9.71           20.51            20.51            20.51
90% Leak Rate                                13.00                23.00           54.00            54.00           54.00
% of time above Leak Rate thresh     0.00%               8.94%        30.56%          30.56%          30.56%
                                                                                                 Pressure Statistics
Average Pressure                             11.83                12.09           12.32            12.32            12.32
Min Pressure                                      4.00                 4.00             4.00             4.00              4.00
Max Pressure                                   14.50               17.50            19.00           19.00            19.00
90% Pressure                                  13.00               14.50            15.00            15.00            15.00
Average EPAP                                  10.22               10.37            10.64            10.64            10.64
Min EPAP                                          3.60                 3.50              3.50              3.50              3.50
Max EPAP                                        12.50               15.10            16.90            16.90            16.90

Changes to Prescription Settings
First                               Last                   Days             Apnoea Hypopnea Index             FL                   Machine                      Pressure Relief                   Mode                Pressure Settings

Fri Jun 16 2017      Fri Jul 7 2017              22                       5.57                             1.27      Auto CPAP (500X150)                   None              APAP (Variable)    Min 10 Max 20 (cmH2O)

Machine Information
Brand                                          Series                               Model                          Serial                                    First Use                      Last Use

Philips Respironics                  DreamStationAuto        CPAP (500X150)           J154296175208                  16-Jun-17                    07-Jul-17

Feeling heaps better than I was - huge improvement. Not having any issues with my machine - don't feel like there are issues with my mask but Sleepyhead has warned me on a few occasions since I changed to the Airfit mask that I have leak problems whereas DreamMapper has recorded 97 to 100% mask fit.

Look forward to the feedback.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Introduction to group and need general advice.
[Image: iLCyRLf.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Further Introduction
Welcome

97 AHI, I was only a 90.
A couple of things. Change your profile to show the machine you have "Dream Station Auto CPAP" so it is apparent what machine you have. and
Post your daily charts. Pay attention to the organization. How to is included in "New to Apnea - helpful tips to ensure success" both in my signature and in the links at the top of the page under "Using SleepyHead"

We will help you get dialed in.
Post Reply Post Reply
What I see is that you are very close. I suggest you raise your Min to 11cm H2O and see how that does. I suspect that we may raise it further but let's take it easy. This should help bring your AHI down.

Also disable your VS2 events. They are of no use since noone knows what they mean.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Rose - still tried posting a screenshot straight to this page with the same result. Finally took notice of your & others advice & looked up imgur & now all good.

Slow process but learning all the time.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-08-2017, 09:28 AM)Gazza59 Wrote: Thanks Rose - still tried posting a screenshot straight to this page with the same result. Finally took notice of your & others advice & looked up imgur & now all good.

Slow process but learning all the time.

Everything takes time.  Smile  

Agree with bonjour about raising the minimum pressure.  Go with 11, you may eventually need to be at 12cm.

May I also suggest you turn off ramp (unless you really feel you can't do without.).
Look at the events that occured during the ramp period.  Could also be what we call SWJ (sleep wake junk), where you really haven't fallen asleep yet.  

If you feel more comfy using ramp, then set it to start higher.  So if you move your minimum pressure to 11cm, then start ramp at 8.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You may find that sleeping on your left side helps some with both the apnea and the reflux.
It often helps with obstructive apnea.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
sleepyhead has 25 as a major leak, with DS it's around 50, because it includes the normal venting leak as the total number.

post some charts, it looks like your minimum pressure needs to go up, I'd use min 12 for now.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-08-2017, 10:13 PM)Beej Wrote: You may find that sleeping on your left side helps some with both the apnea and the reflux.
It often helps with obstructive apnea.

The reflux is totally controlled with Nexium - no problems at all.
Don't think I could sleep on my left side - I used to roll from side to side & kick the covers off all the time before I started using the CPAP - but now I wake up in the same position - on m y right - as when I went to sleep.
My AHI has dropped fom 97.5 to 5.55 since starting treatment - allbeit with mask leakage problems - & I'm feeling 200% better.
Still ready to listen here & learn & thanks for your concern.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-08-2017, 10:54 PM)ajack Wrote: sleepyhead has 25 as a major leak, with DS it's around 50, because it includes the normal venting leak as the total number.

post some charts, it looks like your minimum pressure needs to go up, I'd use min 12 for now.

I changed my minimum to 12 - see if it makes a difference.
Uploaded all my charts to imgur but it won't resize them - when I copy the link it posts them still small.
It did work the one time on my previous post but now it won't.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR advice juniper 7 177 04-12-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 52 2,546 04-06-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: akarifur
  New user looking for Advice NeedSleepnea 15 330 04-01-2024, 11:08 AM
Last Post: NeedSleepnea
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 18 467 03-31-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 293 03-27-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 1,031 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 195 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.