Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Introductions
RE: Introductions
(03-05-2021, 08:33 AM)andygev35 Wrote: Also wondering if the Dreamwear nasal cushion should use the pillows or nasal setting in the AirSense 10 Autoset?

Use the Pillows setting. The same would be true for the similar N30i cushion from ResMed.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-05-2021, 08:55 AM)Coffee Man Wrote:
(03-05-2021, 08:33 AM)andygev35 Wrote: Also wondering if the Dreamwear nasal cushion should use the pillows or nasal setting in the AirSense 10 Autoset?

Use the Pillows setting. The same would be true for the similar N30i cushion from ResMed.

That's what I had it set to, but I just wasn't sure.  Thank you.  Is there really much of a pressure difference in the settings between FFM/Nasal/Pillows?
Post Reply Post Reply
I honestly don't think the mask type settings ever made any difference for me with regard to pressure or AHI. So, I just set the mask type to whatever is recommended by the manufacturer.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-05-2021, 08:51 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Big improvement on leak rate.

Going from a nose hose to a head hose, and a properly fitting cushion seems to make a big difference.  Last night was the first night that my wife didn't have any complaints about leak noises.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to Apnea Board and your therapy is headed the right direction. That's what counts. Best to ya.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Dave.
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
I still feel I slept somewhat restless with tossing and turning.  I think it's just going to take some getting used to with the dreamwear around my face.  I find myself waking up to adjust for leaks that just aren't there.  I've ordered some fleece wraps to help with facial scarring as well.

Post Reply Post Reply
Therapy is excellent! Hope you get the restlessness worked out.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-06-2021, 09:31 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Therapy is excellent! Hope you get the restlessness worked out.

Thank you.  It took a couple of weeks to get accustomed to the P10’s, so I’m thinking it’ll be a similar experience with the dreamwear.  I also see that I’m going to have to learn to trust the seal of the nasal cushion and just let myself sleep.  I’m still finding myself walking and checking for leaks that aren’t there.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is Saturday night's chart.  Not sure what happened from 5:00am onward...

And last night's chart.  I think I still have a tendency to hold my breath when rolling from one side to the other.

Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.