Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Invalid Card message
Invalid Card message
Hello,  I just downloaded ResScan 5.9 and looked at the data on my SD card yesterday.  I put the SD card back in my ResMed IPX1 last night and this morning my Machine is saying "Invalid SD Card" and asking me if I want to delete all data.  I put the card back in my computer and checked it with ResScan and it does not show any recorded data from last night.   Is there something you have to do with the software to make the card usable again?  Thank you,
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Invalid Card message
Hi fahrni,
Can you clarify which machine you have? The IPX1 seems to point to the S9 series.
Which machine do you have?

Did you lock the card before inserting it into your computer and unlock it when you inserted it back into the Cpap?
Also consider that the SD card may be corrupt.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm echoing OpalRose's post.   By default, Windows systems will write system volume information to all removable storage devices.   The Resmed S9 is the only CPAP series that will not allow any files that don't pertain to its data structure to reside on the SD card.  

Here is a link to registry modifications that allow you to turn on or off the writing of the system information:  
Windows System Volume Write Disable/Enable Utility

If you use this registry mod to turn off this feature, you can then reinsert the SD card in your computer and delete the system information file. This will allow you to retain existing data that's on the card. You will need to have the Write Protect set to off.

I hope this corrects your problem.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-09-2019, 12:23 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: If you use this registry mod to turn off this feature, you can then reinsert the SD card in your computer and delete the system information file.  This will allow you to retain existing data that's on the card.  You will need to have the Write Protect set to off.

The "System Information" file/directory may have the System & Hidden Attributes set, so you'll have to mto modify the Windows File Explorer settings to allow for viewing System/Hidden Files.

Windows 10 Method: 
Code:
Click the “View” tab on File Explorer’s ribbon and click the “Hidden items” checkbox in the Show/hide section. File Explorer will immediately show hidden files and will remember this setting until you change it.

Do the reverse to change things back.
Captain Steubing
The Original Captain of "The Love Boat"
Purveyor of presto magic, love and chaos!
My Personal Blog
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, mine is a S9.  I ended up going to Med supply store and getting a new card. They think I should have deleted the data on the card which would have reset it maybe.  but to be safe I got a new card which i know will work. Thanks,
Post Reply Post Reply
The new card will do the same thing if you do not lock it when you insert it into a computer to read the data. Be sure to unlock it when you put it back into your machine.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Admin Note] Policy clarification [off-site advice & advice given via Private Message system] SuperSleeper 2 2,850 02-06-2024, 09:00 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [CPAP] Philips Dreamstation 2 Message gq1234 3 2,530 09-04-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: StratCat48
  [Equipment] DreamStation "Check Power" message HerbieK 1 6,377 02-26-2023, 09:50 PM
Last Post: PhoenixRising
  Error Message - Reached Attachment Quota parkdj808 2 504 02-14-2023, 01:15 PM
Last Post: parkdj808
  SD card backup on PC and new SD card snorin2 0 946 12-05-2022, 01:53 PM
Last Post: snorin2
  What does 'invalid' SD card mean?? GrammaBear 15 5,255 11-02-2022, 03:11 PM
Last Post: KeepSmiling
  DeVilbiss IntelliPAP Auto Adjust Error message E06 MSGabbani 2 1,115 08-13-2022, 12:32 PM
Last Post: MSGabbani

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.