Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Invalid SD card after installing ResMed Software
Invalid SD card after installing ResMed Software
I have downloaded the software for reading the SD card on my ResMed S9 CPAP equipment. The download was successful and I am now able to read the information stored on the SD card. My problem now is that when I inserted the SD card back into my S9 it is telling me that the card is invalid giving me the option to erase or not erase the information on the card of which I elected to not erase. After making that selection it is telling me to remove the card. Can anyone help me to correct this problem? Also, will any SD card work with this equipment? Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Invalid SD Card
Hi dry2015,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for answers to your questions and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Did you lock the card before inserting it into the computer card reader?
That's S.O.P. for Windows since the OS insists on writing a hidden, system folder on the card.
This started with Windows 8.

Your compliance data is stored in the machine.
Options:
You can let the machine erase the card.
or, You can use another 2GB speed class 2 SD card.
or, you could find and remove hidden folder "System Volume Information" form your SD card

Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-25-2015, 10:51 AM)dry2015 Wrote: I have downloaded the software for reading the SD card on my ResMed S9 CPAP equipment. The download was successful and I am now able to read the information stored on the SD card. My problem now is that when I inserted the SD card back into my S9 it is telling me that the card is invalid giving me the option to erase or not erase the information on the card of which I elected to not erase. After making that selection it is telling me to remove the card. Can anyone help me to correct this problem? Also, will any SD card work with this equipment? Thanks[/size][/font]

S9 does not like the files that Windows or Mac like to put on the disk for indexing. If you are able to view hidden files, you can delete them.

How old is your S9? Newer ones don't seem to have the same problem?
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
Does your Resmed SD card have a small slider on the side?? Mine does. Slide this BEFORE placing it in the computer to make it READ-ONLY. Reverse the slider before placing back into the S9.

If not, buy ANY SD card that has a read-only option and this problem will go away.

Post Reply Post Reply
IF you really know how to get around on computers you can fix it. Windows writes an index file to the card if it was not locked. This file is not easy to remove, but it can be done. The file is in a folder so you have to go into that folder and empty it, then you can delete the folder. I do this from the command prompt. If you have a friend that knows what a command prompt is then they should be able to do it for you.

There should only be CPAP files on the card and no windows files of any kind
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-25-2015, 12:40 PM)PoolQ Wrote: IF you really know how to get around on computers you can fix it. Windows writes an index file to the card if it was not locked. This file is not easy to remove, but it can be done. The file is in a folder so you have to go into that folder and empty it, then you can delete the folder. I do this from the command prompt. If you have a friend that knows what a command prompt is then they should be able to do it for you.

There should only be CPAP files on the card and no windows files of any kind

There is also a registry setting to not write it (Windows) if you enjoy futzing with stuff like that
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

Post Reply Post Reply
You can go the user profile for surferdude. He has a website linked to his profile where you can download a ZIP file of a script that will "remove the System Volume Information directory and all subdirectories from any connected removable drives with letters D: thru I: assigned."
The ZIP file is called RD_SVI.zip
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Invalid SD card after installing ResMed Software
Did you remember to slide the lock on the card to the unlock position?
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
From http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-S9-SD-Card-Q-A
On inserting the card, a message saying "Invalid SD card, erase card data?" is displayed

If you press “Yes”, all data on the SD card will be erased. A message saying "Erasing SD card data" is displayed. Any summary data currently on the device is copied to the SD card after it has been erased. No detailed data will be saved.

If you press “No”, a message saying "Please remove SD card" is displayed.
Remove the SD card to clear this message and enable the device to start therapy.

Not sure to do with Windows or some viruses or the S9 just being finicky
Recommended locking the SD card before inserting into the SD card reader or SD card slot on your computer, and unlock before inserting into the machine, the machine will remind you if you forget to unlock it

Myself, always chose the option to erase the data, nothing lost as downloaded the data on my computer and I'm more interested in tonight data and the following nights than in the past ... YMMV
The SD card does not keep more than 30 detailed data and 7 days of flow data
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 88 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 431 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Software support for the Astral 150? Peashee888 10 621 02-18-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Software/app for Lowenstein Prisma SmartPlus w/o NHS knowing Ploppy 3 1,009 12-21-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Ploppy
  PC Software RchiAiki 13 1,187 12-20-2023, 11:51 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Need urgent Software for Yuwell YH-580 WilliamVasquez 12 4,101 12-19-2023, 01:08 AM
Last Post: VankoGo
  Created a program to support Wifi SD card for Resmed and all other devices narual 13 2,252 12-08-2023, 07:29 PM
Last Post: JerryE

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.