Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Investigating Humidifier Issue
RE: Investigating Humidifier Issue
Update to my saga.
It seems that messing with the setings magically wakes up the humidifier software or Philips rolled out an update.
I went back to auto for a night, not much water used. Next night I set it to fixed 5 (it havd previously been set like this for many nights), I woke up in the night  changing it down to 4 as the moisture was too much, it has never done that before. I woke up next morning with a dry mouth again, when I went to empty the water it was bone dry! This unit has never done that before. Go figure makes me want to say wtf.

I empty and dry it every morning so that nasties don't get a chance to start growing in the moist environment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi
I only have the basic Dreamstation but dues to dry mouth cracking lips etc I wonder based on your usage if a dehumidifier would work for this?
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-20-2020, 11:43 AM)Toob Wrote: Hi
I only have the basic Dreamstation but dues to dry mouth cracking lips etc I wonder based on your usage if a dehumidifier would work for this?
Thanks

I should say that I am using a mask that covers the nose and mouth.
Post Reply Post Reply
A dehumidifier would further dry the air out, thus increasing the cracking of the lips.  If your CPAP's humidification system isn't providing enough moisture, I would consider a lip balm or skin moisturizer and possibly adding a room humidifier. The dry mouth is usually an indication of mouth breathing.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I fight very dry lips too. I recently started putting a layer of Lanisoh (purple tube of lanolin bought in any baby department) on my lips at night, and it works better than anything else I have tried so far.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 99 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,407 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,372 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  Airsense 10 / Oscar clock issue. pixpop 1 101 03-15-2024, 07:35 PM
Last Post: pixpop
  hypertension issue PaulaO2 19 654 03-04-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
Question A New Machine Issue and Another Thing! pamm777 1 182 03-02-2024, 05:12 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 755 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.