Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Cpap Cleaners?
RE: Cpap Cleaners?
Im new to the whole CPAP world. I received mine through the VA just a few months ago, the ResMed AirSense 10. We were told to NOT use any cleaning devices other than soap and water. They even gave out a memo indicating that we could be held responsible for damages to the CPAP as ResMed strictly prohibited the use of cleaning devices and the warranty would be voided.
Post Reply Post Reply
Although a vet myself, I chose not to deal with the VA and my sleep apnea. I have good insurance (Fed. version of BC/BS) and it has been good. 

When I picked up my CPAP machine from the local DME supplier, no special instructions were mentioned to me in regards to cleaning of the equipment. I was told that the owner's manual would cover everything and to be sure and read it. 

I pretty much learned all that I needed to know from this very forum.
Post Reply Post Reply
We originally cleaned our CPAP gear every day. Now we soak it in warm soapy water once a week. We lived in a low humidity climate. If we lived in a high humidity region would probably clean more often
"Sometimes the magic works . . . and sometimes it doesn't" -- Chief Dan George in the movie Little Big Man
Post Reply Post Reply
CPAP cleaners: device(s) designed to remove money from user's wallet.
There.  I said it.

OMMOHY
Contrarian in Residence  
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: FDA Announces Voluntary Recall of SoClean Ozone Cleaners Sleeprider 4 965 12-03-2023, 09:43 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  UV light cleaners - good or bad? djfro 10 1,425 10-15-2022, 11:52 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
  FDA issues Safety Communications on ozone and UV cleaners Gideon 4 1,981 02-28-2020, 03:30 AM
Last Post: Melman
  [Equipment] Cleaners Pat Knoll 11 1,769 01-10-2020, 01:24 AM
Last Post: SeverelyHypoxicSnorer
  What is the alternative cleaning method for the Ozone cleaners/sanitizesers. VegasPier 6 1,313 12-21-2019, 07:56 PM
Last Post: DeepBreathing

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.