Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Is CPAP machines really that good
RE: Is CPAP machines really that good
Rich,
This is just passing thought. . . By chance are you taking Doxazosin (Cardura)?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-26-2016, 04:59 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Rich,
This is just passing thought. . . By chance are you taking Doxazosin (Cardura)?

I would be very interested in the answer to this question as well.

Richb
Apnea Board Member RobySue has posted a Beginners Guide to Sleepyhead Software here:  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

Download Sleepyhead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Post images

Post Reply Post Reply
Guys
Sorry I have not responded earlier and thank all for their input

I am not on any drugs.

I have been tested a number of times for diabetes, I was pre diabetic at one time but recent tests have shown I am ok.

I first got this problem after a visit to Vietnam but they reckon it was heat exhaustion at the Saigon hospital. They disappeared when I got home but reappeared on my next overseas trip to Europe via boat. I ended up in Brussels hospital where they did blood tests and found nothing

Unfortunately they have not gone away since I got back about 5 months ago. I have been doing the rounds of various doctors getting every test they can
think of. The sleep test was the last one done where they found I had apnea which I suspect I have had for a long time. As mentioned my doctor has been trying to get me do one for a few years. They reckon it could help.
I don't get them all the time.

I bought an oximeter from the local chemist but reckon it is s cheapy as results seem inconsistent.

It shows my oxygen levels are typically 94-95 sometimes lower sometime higher and bpm is in the 70s when relaxed. No consistent readings when feeling dizzy.

The room does not spin, I just feel a bit off, may be saying dizzy is the wrong description but I do feel light headed, hard to describe. Doctors seem to understand dizzy better.
If I relax it goes away or sometimes it goes away if I am active. I go to the gym 3 days week where we lift weights and try to walk 4-5 km a day unless doing something else. Generally ok doing these.

Sorry this is getting away from apnea issues a bit.

I have had a look at my stats using sleepyhead , I just have to learn how to use them. For the uninitiated they can be a bit scary as even when you get a good ahi your stats often show things have happened.

Once again many thanks for comments

Richard
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Richard,

Back to my earlier post. I still suggest you get pa portable BP cuff and take readings throughout the day. Do this in particular when you are feeling "off". I use a wrist cuff made by Omron.

Rich
Apnea Board Member RobySue has posted a Beginners Guide to Sleepyhead Software here:  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

Download Sleepyhead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Post images

Post Reply Post Reply
Rich
Yes I think it is a good idea as well.

The more info the better

Richard
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Idea [CPAP] New to CPAP, Good So Far! TWINDAWN 2 73 03-27-2024, 04:30 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Need help to find a good Luna G3 pressure. johnathanb76 13 205 03-22-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  csa machines cexer 1 78 03-20-2024, 01:43 PM
Last Post: cexer
  Good AHI but Low Tidal Volume and Minute Ventilation erolalper 1 149 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 183 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen
  [CPAP] Started to feel good, then woke up feeling HORRIBLE TiredDude 4 808 02-15-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: TiredDude
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 679 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.