Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

After Covid time to look for a new doctor/sleep doctor
RE: After Covid time to look for a new doctor/sleep doctor
I agree with you that our healthcare system is failing. I think there are many factors and I am not qualified to address them all. Medicare is actually better now under Obamacare. Insurance companies saying no is a huge problem. My problem was with the medical assistant not doing her job. 

Your statement about a new doctor being 20 years behind the times when they graduate took me back to the early 1990s working in a teaching hospital doing quality assurancce in the surrgery department.  Most of the attendings, not all, were older and living in the good old days. Here is an example: Laproscopic surgery became common place by the early 1990. I attended M&Ms with them every Monday morning and listened to them talk about how dangerous laaproscopic surgery was to a patient. No, this was bad, what if you nicked this or that, what if you hit scar tissue. We will never do it in this hospital. Eventually they did. I heard an attending tell the residents one Friday. "I am on call this weekend.  Call me if you need me. You better not need me." 

Didn't think about my doctor being an old timer. She is. Sheis 63. I was 42 and she was 32 when we met. She should have turned my sleep issues over to the sleep doctor in the practice. Part may be my fault. After my first sleep study someone wanted to make me an appointment with him to go over the results. I said I diddn't need to do that she was my doctor and she could do it. I was busy teaching and didn't see a reason to see two doctors at the time just for a sleep test. 

I have gotten more help from this group, apparently that is why it is here. But paying for original medicare and a secondary, well that doesn't matter, whatever a person pays they deserve good healthcare.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 209 Yesterday, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,435 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  My doctor suggested patience Annecelesye 26 3,724 03-23-2024, 03:02 AM
Last Post: Annecelesye
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 165 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 619 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 244 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  Taking mask off at the same time everynight sleepyman95 2 173 03-08-2024, 12:25 AM
Last Post: sleepyman95

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.