Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Is It Just Me That Thinks The Pilairo Q Is Best?
Is It Just Me That Thinks The Pilairo Q Is Best?
I have tried other nasal masks, and they feel like they are trying to rip my nostrils apart. With the actual air pillow surrounding my nose area and the very soft nasal air ports, the Pilairo Q is for me the most comfortable mask.

I do have to put lanolin nipple cream around my nostril edges though or it can get sore.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Is It Just Me That Thinks The Pilairo Q Is Best?
yes it's just you we all know the P10 is the best lol
Post Reply Post Reply
The P10 enlarged my nostrils 30%.
Post Reply Post Reply
I purchased a Pilaro Q to try out and deceided to keep it.

The air diffuser system is better than the P10, but the mask hose is way
too short, about half the size of the P10. Although I agree the air pillow around
the nose feels nice, but I still like my P10 the best.

R_G may be right...resistance is futile! Smile
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-18-2015, 04:43 AM)player Wrote: The P10 enlarged my nostrils 30%.

sorry that's like saying if you pinch the back of your hand the skin will stay that way not going to happen
but all kidding aside the best way to find a mask is to find on that leaks very little the out of those find the one that feels the best
dor me the P10 has very little leak and I mean very little and after 10 mins I can't tell if it's on, so keep looking and goos luck finding the right mask is the greatest feeling.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi player,
It sounds like you have found your mask, that's great to hear because it is the most difficult part of this therapy.
Good job, keep up the good work.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I have heard a lot of good things about the Pilairo Q. So if I was not completely happy with the P10, that's where I would go. If it works for you, it's the right mask. It's just that sooner or later everyone will use the P10 --- or the Pilairo Q............ Resistance is futile.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-18-2015, 04:43 AM)player Wrote: The P10 enlarged my nostrils 30%.

LOL! If only we could so easily enlarge parts we'd like to be bigger, and shrink those we'd rather not be. I'd ask you to prove it, but I'll let it go this time.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't want to open a can of worms, but what is different between the two?
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-18-2015, 12:00 PM)retired_guy Wrote: I have heard a lot of good things about the Pilairo Q. So if I was not completely happy with the P10, that's where I would go. If it works for you, it's the right mask. It's just that sooner or later everyone will use the P10 --- or the Pilairo Q............ Resistance is futile.

R_G: As our spiritual leader of the P10 club, How can you waver and admit Pilairo-Q in the 'Resistance is futile' category.

I do believe that the OP will ultimately realize the truth and come back clamoring for the P10. Resistance is Futile. Smile

On a more serious note, if you still need lanolin, you are wearing the mask too tight. I would venture a guess that you wore the P10 too tight as well.
PRS1 Auto & Dreamstation Auto w/ P10 and straight pressure of 8cm
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Gross Family member thinks my SA is a scam?? sleepadventurer 19 1,023 12-02-2023, 08:43 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  My Baby Thinks He’s a Train Wcwilson 3 1,768 10-22-2020, 08:57 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Berserk! My pillow thinks my headgear is an alien HalfAsleep 15 2,673 10-23-2017, 11:49 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Pilairo Q - has any tried it? pollyottis 4 1,364 07-13-2017, 05:04 PM
Last Post: silversnore
  Anyone Glue The Pilairo Mask Pillow On? player 7 3,593 10-12-2016, 11:00 AM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Pilairo Q Pillow masks Zocane 7 2,172 09-12-2016, 04:34 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Need help with Pilairo Q mask PaytonA 10 3,556 09-22-2015, 08:52 PM
Last Post: PaytonA

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.