Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Is It Just Me That Thinks The Pilairo Q Is Best?
RE: Is It Just Me That Thinks The Pilairo Q Is Best?
HerbM was actually the spiritual leader of the P10 group. I was merely his humble follower.

But I pride myself in recognizing that there are many options for CPAP folks. Good options, and also FFM's, Nasal masks, and so forth. The Pilairo appears to be a nice substitute for the P10. Yes, but alas a mere substitute non the less.

It just always points out that everyone is different. Except me of course. I'm not different. I'm the same.

Oh... and lest I forget: Resistance is futile.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-18-2015, 06:49 PM)retired_guy Wrote: HerbM was actually the spiritual leader of the P10 group. I was merely his humble follower.

Some have said the cult-like followers of the P10 have formed their own religion. We might have to do some de-programming here. Bag-head
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Probably just you.

I think that nasal masks are better than either the Pilario, any pillow or full face mask.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-18-2015, 07:19 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote:
(05-18-2015, 06:49 PM)retired_guy Wrote: HerbM was actually the spiritual leader of the P10 group. I was merely his humble follower.

Some have said the cult-like followers of the P10 have formed their own religion. We might have to do some de-programming here. Bag-head

Join us. We're going to sacrifice a virgin Swift FX at midnight. Meet us behind the barn at Priscilla's place.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think what they should sacrifice is the headgear on the P10. Rolleyes Big GrinBig Grin

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-18-2015, 05:58 PM)TyroneShoes Wrote: I don't want to open a can of worms, but what is different between the two?

The P10 has 2 stiff vents that go into the nostrils. The Pilairo has the 2 vents, but they are quite soft and flexible. PLUS the Pliairo has a soft inflatable sack that fills up and seals around the nose.

So while the P10 relies on the rigidity of the 2 nasal ports and pressure forcing them into the nose to make the seal, the Pilairo has a soft air sack around the nasal entrance to gently seal the nasal passages. The Pilairo does not require any real force to hold the seal, so it needs very little head strapping. It has a single, one size fits all elastic strap. (it also comes with a small adjustable strap but I have never needed it.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-18-2015, 06:37 PM)AshSF Wrote: [quote='retired_guy' pid='113918' dateline='1431968405']
On a more serious note, if you still need lanolin, you are wearing the mask too tight. I would venture a guess that you wore the P10 too tight as well.

I find without the cream the mask sticks to the inside edges of my nostrils and "rips" the skin when I take the mask off. Not just the Pilairo, but any nasal pillow mask.

Post Reply Post Reply
Player, aside from disagree with your the characterization of the nasal pillow tips being stiff on the Airfit P10, or that it requires a lot of pressure to maintain a seal; could you compare the exhaust flow? One of the main advantages of the Airfit mask is the gentle diffusion of the exhaust air.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-18-2015, 04:40 PM)Sleeprider Wrote:
(05-18-2015, 04:43 AM)player Wrote: The P10 enlarged my nostrils 30%.

LOL! If only we could so easily enlarge parts we'd like to be bigger, and shrink those we'd rather not be. I'd ask you to prove it, but I'll let it go this time.

Hmm...Resmed could make a lot of money with this enlarging technology, and some inventive email marketing and 2AM infomercials.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Pilairo has a diffuser that makes the exhaust very gentle.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Gross Family member thinks my SA is a scam?? sleepadventurer 19 1,096 12-02-2023, 08:43 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  My Baby Thinks He’s a Train Wcwilson 3 1,791 10-22-2020, 08:57 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Berserk! My pillow thinks my headgear is an alien HalfAsleep 15 2,708 10-23-2017, 11:49 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Pilairo Q - has any tried it? pollyottis 4 1,376 07-13-2017, 05:04 PM
Last Post: silversnore
  Anyone Glue The Pilairo Mask Pillow On? player 7 3,634 10-12-2016, 11:00 AM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Pilairo Q Pillow masks Zocane 7 2,189 09-12-2016, 04:34 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Need help with Pilairo Q mask PaytonA 10 3,581 09-22-2015, 08:52 PM
Last Post: PaytonA

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.