Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Is It Just Me That Thinks The Pilairo Q Is Best?
RE: Is It Just Me That Thinks The Pilairo Q Is Best?
The P10 is the only mask I've used so far (About a week in... well, I used a ESON during my sleep study) but I'm happy with it so far. My DME mis-sized me and had me using a small. I switched to a medium this weekend and get a seal much easier and faster, with less tweaking. AHI is slowly dropping- seems to get a bit better each night as I get used to CPAP. Need to get my computer hooked up again so I can check out my data logs.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just got a Pilairo Q shipped to me today. Look forward to trying it tonight with the big headgear - I'm always knocking the P10 out as I toss and turn...

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-18-2015, 03:05 AM)player Wrote: I have tried other nasal masks, and they feel like they are trying to rip my nostrils apart. With the actual air pillow surrounding my nose area and the very soft nasal air ports, the Pilairo Q is for me the most comfortable mask.

I do have to put lanolin nipple cream around my nostril edges though or it can get sore.

(06-05-2015, 07:48 PM)retired_guy Wrote: .....and yet another convert. Sooner or later everyone (yada, yada, yada,,,)............ Resistance is futile.

(06-05-2015, 08:30 PM)player Wrote: OK so my Pilairo started leaking at the mask/hose knuckle, and then the pillow blew a hole in it. I have a new P10 and I started using it. Although not quite as comfortable as the Pilairo, it is smaller, less intrusive, the hose outlet from the mask is small, the hose is longer, and I am going to use the P10 from now on. I am sending back the Pilairo to the .com store for a warranty evaluation.

So for now I am using the P10 and very happy....
R_G: Another one has been converted to the cult. As you have predicted many many times over. And the challenger Pilairo q has been banished.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not so fast! I really enjoyed my first night with the Pilairo Q!
Post Reply Post Reply
... holds on tight to his Nuance Pro and refuses to let go ...

~I will not be assimilated!~

"Take it as it comes, specialize in having fun"
-- Jim Morrison
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-09-2015, 05:09 PM)parkerdt Wrote: Not so fast! I really enjoyed my first night with the Pilairo Q!

It is very soft and comfortable...

A little more bulky than the P10, but gentler on the nasal openings.

Post Reply Post Reply
The Pilairo Q is my new favorite pillow mask. No more leaks, and no more sore nostrils!
Just make sure it is clean, and snooze away. Wink

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-05-2015, 02:36 PM)rhandel Wrote: RG/All,

Right after I saw your post, I took the challenge, (for several reasons), and walked into a local DME provider. I was there to compare both the Pilario Q and the P10. Not to buy one.

After two minutes I was so impressed with the P10 that I outright bought the P10 AirFit over the Pilario Q (Looks to be about twice the size of the P10). I would have knocked the Pilario Q off in my sleep in a nano second.

One thing I learned that may have affected your decision regarding the Pilairo, is that the machine has to be ON when you fit the Pilairo to your face, as the design actually uses the gentle suction from the machine to hold itself in place. So if it wasn't hooked up to a machine and it wasn't on while you tested it, you might not have gotten a true idea of how difficult it would be to leak or knock off your face.
-Ailu
Reformed CPAP Outlaw
Post Reply Post Reply
I own and use both. I'm always knocking the P10 off. Have never done so with the Pilairo Q. Note that I use the larger headgear with my Pilairo Q, not just the small strap like the P10.
I agree - you can't really judge an uninflated Pilairo Q; it must be running on a machine while being fitted to your face. And then, it's not coming off until you take it off.

Both are decent masks, so it is a matter of what fits you and works best for you, of course. For me, it's the Pilairo Q for comfort. And it is not close. The P10 Large is too large and the medium too small for me; the Pilairo adjusts to all of this by itself.
Post Reply Post Reply
parkerdt,

You forgot to add........resistance is futile!

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Gross Family member thinks my SA is a scam?? sleepadventurer 19 1,099 12-02-2023, 08:43 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  My Baby Thinks He’s a Train Wcwilson 3 1,792 10-22-2020, 08:57 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Berserk! My pillow thinks my headgear is an alien HalfAsleep 15 2,709 10-23-2017, 11:49 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Pilairo Q - has any tried it? pollyottis 4 1,376 07-13-2017, 05:04 PM
Last Post: silversnore
  Anyone Glue The Pilairo Mask Pillow On? player 7 3,636 10-12-2016, 11:00 AM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Pilairo Q Pillow masks Zocane 7 2,191 09-12-2016, 04:34 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Need help with Pilairo Q mask PaytonA 10 3,586 09-22-2015, 08:52 PM
Last Post: PaytonA

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.