Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Is My CPAP a new machine?
RE: Is My CPAP a new machine?
only 16 miles one way? I have to drive 65 miles one way to my DME. I drive 16 miles to work. I tell you what though, I'd tell them to stick that modem where the sun don't shine..how long before your done with the compliance monitoring and your insurance buys you your machine? Wonder if they have a camera on you? Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-17-2013, 07:18 PM)Bobshouse Wrote: only 16 miles one way? I have to drive 65 miles one way to my DME. I drive 16 miles to work. I tell you what though, I'd tell them to stick that modem where the sun don't shine..how long before your done with the compliance monitoring and your insurance buys you your machine? Wonder if they have a camera on you? Smile

About the camera on me....nice thought......should really give them a show for the money, eh? lol

I have a call in to my agent with my insurance company to find out how long the compliance period is and when my insurance company will purchase my machine. I get different stories from the DME.

It isn't an issue to drive 32 miles round trip IF it was necessary but with the modem, it wasn't. A simple phone call would have saved me the trip.

I already knew about the Amara gel b/c I tried it on at the end of my sleep study to get a feel for it so I didn't need to go to the DME for that, especially since I couldn't try it on there anyway (they don't have a way to clean them I have been told).
Post Reply Post Reply
Peter-C
You make some very good points, but some on here have received last years model and told it was new current model.
Even car dealers make a big deal of telling you they are having a year end clearance sale and offering a discount.
One solution that would help is for the manufacturer to put the manufacture date on the label with the model number like auto makers do. If they would just do it voluntarily the government would not have to get involved.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-17-2013, 03:16 PM)zonk Wrote:
(10-17-2013, 08:00 AM)me50 Wrote: I was looking at the usage on my CPAP that I got on September 10.

It shows I used the machine for 308.8 hours but the run time is 399 hours.
Hi me50
From the manual: Run hours
Displays the total number of hours the device has been used including warm-up and cool-down times for the humidifier.
It is not affected by the period selected. This is the only data item that is not reset when data is erased.

thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-17-2013, 07:56 PM)bwexler Wrote: Peter-C
You make some very good points, but some on here have received last years model and told it was new current model.
Even car dealers make a big deal of telling you they are having a year end clearance sale and offering a discount.
One solution that would help is for the manufacturer to put the manufacture date on the label with the model number like auto makers do. If they would just do it voluntarily the government would not have to get involved.

Yes, and I do agree that if the unit isn't what you were told it was, that's a totally different story, than simply a 2-3 month old machine with <100 hours on it. Big difference between 'bait and switch', and buying a car a few people took for a test drive, right?

Or even having a setup similar to a computer with a BIOS screen on start-up that states what version and the date on it would be a great help - having the only ID being the serial number, and then having to search to find out what that means doesn't cut it in my book either.
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
Whenever you turn off an S9 machine that has a humidifier, the blower runs at slow speed for up to an hour to "cool down." This time gets counted in the machine hours, but not run hours. I don't know if you'd add 90 hours in a month, though.

There is an optional wireless modem that attaches to the back of the S9 unit. It works through the cell phone network.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-19-2013, 11:37 PM)archangle Wrote: Whenever you turn off an S9 machine that has a humidifier, the blower runs at slow speed for up to an hour to "cool down." This time gets counted in the machine hours, but not run hours. I don't know if you'd add 90 hours in a month, though.

There is an optional wireless modem that attaches to the back of the S9 unit. It works through the cell phone network.

I was given a wireless modem that gave me an error message. I called and reported the error message and was told that it was probably searching for a cell tower. That was 5 days ago and I still have the error message so I disconnected the wireless modem.
Post Reply Post Reply
ME50.....I just wanted you to be aware that in the "run time" you have to include: Cool down time which could be up to 45 min per day, and ramp time if you use it. So those two things added to the run hours make it seem like you got a machine that was used when in fact it wasn't. It happened to me and when that fact was pointed out to me, it added up to be approximately the right hours. That is why your "run hours" will always be more than your "user hours".

Hope this helps!

LOVEDOG
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay, here is the latest.

Dogs needed to go outside for a potty break. I turned my machine off at 11:07 PM and it recorded that I had slept for 2.8 hours. Strange because I didn't go to bed until after 9 PM (long day today) and read a while.

So, I checked to make sure the clock was set right and it is UNLESS it is military time. At any rate, I looked around to see usage and run time. Well, usage was 244.3 (on the 15th, DME ran a report that said around 255 hours. So I looked at run time and it was about 455 hours when I put it on 3 months. I just got this machine on Sept. 10.

Help please?
Post Reply Post Reply
You will need to look at the total machine hours which can not be reset. You can then compare to the various run time reports and determine what is going on.

Good luck.

(10-22-2013, 02:05 AM)me50 Wrote: Okay, here is the latest.

Dogs needed to go outside for a potty break. I turned my machine off at 11:07 PM and it recorded that I had slept for 2.8 hours. Strange because I didn't go to bed until after 9 PM (long day today) and read a while.

So, I checked to make sure the clock was set right and it is UNLESS it is military time. At any rate, I looked around to see usage and run time. Well, usage was 244.3 (on the 15th, DME ran a report that said around 255 hours. So I looked at run time and it was about 455 hours when I put it on 3 months. I just got this machine on Sept. 10.

Help please?

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 83 Yesterday, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  Need help new on CPAP machine Jimasripper 10 298 03-22-2024, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Jimasripper
  Ready to buy CPAP machine NewlyDiagnosed 29 620 03-21-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 198 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Is a travel CPAP machine worth it? BobbieM 21 5,720 03-14-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: tommystix
  New to CPAP- Need advice on purchasing a machine JuanSiesta 4 365 02-14-2024, 09:31 PM
Last Post: JuanSiesta
  [CPAP] Newby not sure if CPAP is the right machine for me tcinoz 24 1,285 02-13-2024, 08:13 PM
Last Post: tcinoz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.