Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Is ResMed 10 cell-modem affected by end of 3G
Is ResMed 10 cell-modem affected by end of 3G
Older cell phones that use the 3G standard will lose connectivity as early as next February. 
Will this render obsolete CPAPs , e.g. my ResMed 10, which communicate externally using a cellular connection?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Is ResMed 10 cell-modem affected by end of 3G
No, not exactly. Your CPAP machine will still operate. It will no longer be able to use soon to be discontinued 3G cellular to transmit data to ResMed. OSCAR data will continue to work fine.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If the FCC ID on the label on the back ends in CD, the machine stopped reporting quite a while ago.
If the FCC ID ends in G3 (or 3G ?) it will stop reporting in February for some/all cell providers.
If the FCC ID ends in G4 (or 4G ?) it will keep reporting until the next big changeover.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thankyou!
My unit, purchased in Sept 2020, does have the FCC label ending in "104G"
So, no problem, Big Brother continues to watch.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-13-2021, 09:09 PM)pholynyk Wrote: If the FCC ID on the label on the back ends in CD, the machine stopped reporting quite a while ago.
If the FCC ID ends in G3 (or 3G ?) it will stop reporting in February for some/all cell providers.
If the FCC ID ends in G4 (or 4G ?) it will keep reporting until the next big changeover.

Do Philips machines fall in this as well?

What will doctors do if they are required to view your reports?
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-17-2021, 09:11 AM)btreger Wrote: What will doctors do if they are required to view your reports?

Your Dr would then need to use the SD card from your machine to view the reports.  Not as convenient, but still works.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE >above<

Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
The ResMed CEO is a complete creep (just read his statements).  There is something so twisted about ResMed collecting detailed breath-by-breath data without permission.

The second I took my AS10 out of the box, I opened the unit and disconnected the modem.   Then I flipped my middle finger at the ResMed logo.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-13-2021, 09:09 PM)pholynyk Wrote: If the FCC ID on the label on the back ends in CD, the machine stopped reporting quite a while ago.

The FCC ID on the back of my unit ends in CD, but I still see daily data in the myair website.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-17-2021, 04:44 PM)Phil7 Wrote: There is something so twisted about ResMed collecting detailed breath-by-breath data without permission.

fyi: While the ResMed machines write detailed, breath-by-breath data to the SD card, they do not transmit the data to their servers. Only summary data is sent.

As you note, disconnecting the modem will prevent any data at all from being transmitted.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 68,145 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  How Are You Affected by Chin Tucking? BoxcarPete 5 648 03-08-2024, 04:03 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  [Equipment] Replacement Cellular Modem DMAllen 18 5,957 02-25-2024, 05:36 AM
Last Post: Neo2020
  Does my ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto have a modem? Morseman 4 300 02-05-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 modem/provider mystery richapple 4 590 12-22-2023, 09:33 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  de-activate modem dreamstation2 advanced The Rog 0 391 10-18-2023, 12:45 AM
Last Post: The Rog
  Airsense 10 with modem safe from suppliers? HappySailor 3 803 07-02-2023, 12:54 AM
Last Post: HappySailor

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.