Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Is ResMed 10 cell-modem affected by end of 3G
RE: Is ResMed 10 cell-modem affected by end of 3G
sn1987a - Some areas of the United States are still using the CDMA system, but probably not for much longer. Bell Canada dropped it some time ago, and I haven't seen a gold star since...
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
The menu on my 2 yer old Airsense 10 tells me that mine is a 4G.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-13-2021, 09:09 PM)pholynyk Wrote: If the FCC ID on the label on the back ends in CD, the machine stopped reporting quite a while ago....

I just picked up a used ResMed AS10 with "CD/CDMA" label and was curious to see if the modem still works considering all the reports and posts indicating that CDMA has stopped working a long time ago.  Low and behold, my unit reported to myAir with my results from last night.

Further research show that Verizon's CDMA (2G/3G) shutdown was extended till December 2022 and everyone else have already turned off their 2G/3G systems.  

Conclusion: ResMed CDMA units continue to report to myAir (and conversely to your DME/Sleep Dr).  ResMed must be using Verizon's system as they are the only one still operational.
Post Reply Post Reply
My brand new RS10 also lists 4G. I’ma little disappointed, I don’t like the idea of my medical device being connected to a network.
Post Reply Post Reply
I found out its quite easy to disconnect the unit's modem. Obviously if you need it to prove compliance you probably should not do it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, I think I am going to disconnect it once I get a backup unit. I don't need compliance with this one, I got it from Supplier #1 since all in-network DME's have waitlists that are months long.
Post Reply Post Reply
3G will not be switched off in Australia until June 2024.

You really don't need it, the myAir app is just a silly toy and it's easy to take the SD card to get data extracted.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is disconnecting the modem turning on airplane mode on a Resmed 10?
Post Reply Post Reply
It is basically the same thing. I believe the Airplane mode only lasts for 24-hours. At which time you will need to set it again. Physically disconnecting the ribbon cable inside the unit lasts until you reconnect it.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
When Airplane Mode is selected, every time you power up it asks you if you want to continue in Airplane Mode.  Very annoying!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,616 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  How Are You Affected by Chin Tucking? BoxcarPete 5 598 03-08-2024, 04:03 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  [Equipment] Replacement Cellular Modem DMAllen 18 5,796 02-25-2024, 05:36 AM
Last Post: Neo2020
  Does my ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto have a modem? Morseman 4 262 02-05-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 modem/provider mystery richapple 4 567 12-22-2023, 09:33 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  de-activate modem dreamstation2 advanced The Rog 0 356 10-18-2023, 12:45 AM
Last Post: The Rog
  Airsense 10 with modem safe from suppliers? HappySailor 3 766 07-02-2023, 12:54 AM
Last Post: HappySailor

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.