Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Is SleepyHead still being developed?
Is SleepyHead still being developed?
Hello,

I'm a new forum user, so apologies if I am committing a faux pas jumping right in.

(I've posted the background to this post below)

Is Sleepyhead still being developed? The author's web page seems to imply that he's taking a break.

I ask because my machine (DV64) doesn't seem to be supported.

However, all it not lost, I have some capability (from a previous career) with a development language called LabVIEW. It's pretty niche but it's strength is in data analysis and graphical representation (reading data, processing it and showing it on the screen as graphs and tables) so I thought....."Why not have a crack myself"

Unfortunately I'm a bit stumped with the total lack of documentation from Devilbiss (when I asked they sent me their user manual and a broken link to buy smartlink).

What I have been able to do is read the files and get a sense of the data structure.

I can say the machine stores 50hours odd of flow and pressure data at 25hz and I can read the session event logs and see various values changing and what look like bit flags being raised.

What I need is some help interpreting the flow and pressure data so I can guess what the flags mean.

I'm happy to release the "source" code, which also happens to make good pseudo code for other more popular languages

Thanks!

Background.......

I have recently being diagnosed with SA, though I've probably had it for the last 5 years.

As the good old NHS is rather slow on sleep disorders in my area (my GP reckoned a six month wait to get a machine whilst the gears of bureaucracy turned) I just bit the bullet and bought a machine.

I've got a Devillbiss DV64 "Blue" (also know as the IntelliPAP2).

I'm sleeping much better and the machine reports an AHI of around 5 (down from over 75). Smile like

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Is SleepyHead still being developed?
We're still enjoying the most recent releases which updated the program to deal with newer Resmed and Philips models and improved the program's functions. If you want to see what is going on with program development and bug-kills, the best place these days is Mark Watkins Sleepyhead Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/groups/sleepyheadcpap/

Unfortunately, the program is mainly the effort of an individual with help from a group of enthusiasts and volunteers. I'm sure you're welcome to pose the question if the Devilbiss will be supported in the future.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Is SleepyHead still being developed?
thanks, will do
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.