Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Is SoClean2 an effective sanitizer ?
RE: Is SoClean2 an effective sanitizer ?
I'm on the road and have used tap-water from sources ranging from the Upper Penninsula of Michigan, to the plains of North Dakota and Montana and the Mountains of Yellowstone and Idaho. In the morning, I wipe the humidifier dry and pack it away. Life is good....enjoy it and do what works for you. SoClean and cleaning threads in general are futile. No one will be assimilated.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Surprised 
Update: The Plaintiff's 'Discovery Disputes' against SoClean
'Discovery Disputes' filed last week against SoClean in 3B Medical, Inc. v. SoClean, Inc. (1:19-cv-03545) . (see attached)

Lot's of interesting stuff - but this is how they kick it off:
Quote:"SoClean has gone to great lengths to conceal the existence and danger of ozone in its devices."

What I really want to see is any documented communications with the FDA where they granted approval to manufacturer a device that pumps ozone (a toxic gas as identified by the FDA) into an enclosed living space.

Shock-2

Attached Files
.pdf   gov.uscourts.nysd.514174.30.0.pdf (Size: 156.32 KB / Downloads: 40)
Post Reply Post Reply
I see lots of for and against ozone use SoClean or other.  My experience is in healthcare and sport facilities.  Both have used Ozone generating machines.  Hockey team room stinks bad.  Every few weeks great or put in and room comes out great smelling.  Those machines are no where near the generator the SoClean is.  All I know at this time I have worked and see it work larger scale and my new machine works for me so far.  You stilll have to clean the hose every now and then
Post Reply Post Reply
I Been using CPAP’s for more than seven years wash them in warm soapy water couple of times a week never had a problem. We live in a dry climate. Might be different I suppose if we lived in an area with high humidity.
"Sometimes the magic works . . . and sometimes it doesn't" -- Chief Dan George in the movie Little Big Man
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Therapy less effective for no obvious reason Chalkie 2 397 08-09-2023, 08:27 AM
Last Post: Chalkie
  [Treatment] Is my therapy effective? Maikele 1 361 04-07-2023, 07:45 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  How effective is APAP if left to do it's thing? chris94546 4 612 03-16-2023, 02:02 AM
Last Post: chris94546
  Post COVID Sanitizer B1Sailor 3 577 02-15-2023, 08:01 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Sad Ozone smell & mask yellowing with SoClean2 pozowich 62 20,654 09-05-2021, 09:51 PM
Last Post: Mrzocor
  Trying to determine lowest effective ASV settings Utah Desert Rat 25 2,046 08-24-2021, 12:56 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Why Won't a Pressure Range of 4-20 on APAP Be Effective? upsman 9 3,348 08-21-2021, 11:47 AM
Last Post: Geer1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.