Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Is There a Lighter more Flexible Hose fro ResMed Airaense 10?
Is There a Lighter more Flexible Hose fro ResMed Airaense 10?
Although the hose that came with my AirSense 10 is lighter and more flexible that the hose for my old machine it is still not as flexible as I would like. The amara view mask I'm trying now has a short, white, lightweight, extremely flexible hose. Does anyone know if there is a similar hose available with standard size female end fittings, and of suitable length (at least 6 ft.). I've looked at several CPAP suppliers on the internet and searched the forum but haven't found what I would like.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Is There a Lighter more Flexible Hose fro ResMed Airaense 10?
Resmed SlimLine hose. http://www.resmed.com/us/en/consumer/pro...mline.html
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-01-2017, 08:33 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Resmed SlimLine hose. http://www.resmed.com/us/en/consumer/pro...mline.html
Sleeprider is correct. There are only three official hoses for a ResMed unit: standard, Slimline, and the heated ClimateLine.  And, a Slimline is the lightest you can get as it is the same size as a ClimateLine but lacks the embedded coils and wiring.

REMEMBER: if you change to a "SlimLine" hose, be sure to change the "Tube" setting to "Slimline" instead of "Standard" in the settings menu because it can affect airflow, pressure, and sensing.

If you use a ClimateLine hose, "Tube" type will be set automatically to the correct value.

You may also want to purchase an "elbow" adapter because the SlimLine hose does not have a swivel and the hose will stick straight out from the back.

Be careful of after-market lightweight hoses as they may kink or tear more easily than their clunkier or more well-made counterparts. You may wish to purchase two of the hoses and keep one as a backup if you like the style.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
Our hospital has an super light, light, light hose. The only problem with it is that it is short and it makes a LOT of noise when it rubs against the bed rail. That's the reason why the featherlight one isn't manufactured for a much longer length. What works for a short hose that really only rubs against clothing or bedclothes doesn't necessarily work for plugging directly into machine.

If you are accustomed to the Climateline, I think you will like the Slimline. It's quiet and much lighter. I use it in the summer months. Come Fall, I have to go back to the Climateline or I get a lot of rainout.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to remedy issues during lighter sleep period, 3 AM-7 AM rosebladepat 0 109 03-15-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
Question Hose volume Willw 4 235 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 228 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 577 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,288 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees
  Oxygen into CPAP hose when at high altitude Lfmichel 4 543 12-20-2023, 09:39 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Equipment] Airsense 11 Heated Hose MJLeveille 3 638 12-12-2023, 05:18 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.