Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Is This Clustering Due to Position?
Is This Clustering Due to Position?
Below are two OSCAR screenshots from last night and the night before. 
Last night's chart is the most bizarre thing I've ever seen....for me anyway. 

A normal night for me is the chart for Sunday 5/09. The chart from last night, 5/10, shows clumps of central events several times during the night. 
Could this be positional, or something else weird?

My get-up-and-go musta got up and went.  Cool

Download OSCAR for your sleep data.  
https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Is This Clustering Due to Position?
i don't think so, but maybe. post a 10 min zoom of a couple of those clusters.
Post Reply Post Reply
It could be positional as in movement and breath holds. It seems to have a fairly steady pattern to the clusters, as in every X minutes you toss and turn ish. Just one of several possibilities however. It might take a audio/video recording to clarify, if it repeats.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll blame it on mask leaks for sure. N30i really bad mask. So to answer your question about positional, yes with this mask on your side pushing face into pillow shifting mask away from the nose, not with over the bridge of the nose full face F&P Vitera. Vitera is a waaay more ridged mask, well designed and comfortable.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is this what you're looking for Gideon?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I'll let Gideon answer about the OSCAR chart, upsman.

You do not have a major leak issue, it maxed at 9.x so I'm not buying it, Sleepinwell.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
2 minute segments for a better event length. Click on events double left click CA events, and left click on each event and post a couple.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-11-2021, 03:46 PM)Sleepinwell Wrote: I'll blame it on mask leaks for sure. N30i really bad mask. So to answer your question about positional, yes with this mask on your side pushing face into pillow shifting mask away from the nose, not with over the bridge of the nose full face F&P Vitera. Vitera is a waaay more ridged mask, well designed and comfortable.

This chart is highly unusual for me. Normally, I have little to no leaks.
I've been using the N30i for over a year with no leak issue at all. 
Of all the masks I've tried over the years, this is by far the most comfortable and best-fitting mask I've tried.

Post Reply Post Reply
Sleepinwell Wrote:the 4.75 AHI night is.... events are inline with leaks. 

We can keep this on the public side. PMs aren't for discussing therapy suggestions. The AHI increase is due to as yet unknown CA events.
Post Reply Post Reply
upsman,
Your leak rate is not high at all. Although, even small leaks can wake you and become annoying, but your leak rate is low and doesn't affect your machine's ability to do its job.

CA's are not caused by leaks, but is a result of the brain not signaling you to breathe. Your airway is open, but no attempt to breathe. CA's can be very inconsistent.

As far as your mask, if it's comfortable for you, and is not causing you problems, then that's what you use.
Masks are not a one size fits all.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fixed Sleeping Position the entire night? Unkikonki 7 203 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 206 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea NewlyDiagnosed 8 399 02-26-2024, 05:08 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
Idea [Treatment] POSAS (Position dependant OSAS) A KLERK 6 1,579 02-03-2024, 09:55 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Why do apneas also occur in the prone and lateral position? selfhelpdevice 7 564 12-03-2023, 06:21 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Treatment] Friedman Tongue Position Cantbreath95 2 1,245 12-02-2023, 01:20 PM
Last Post: selfhelpdevice
  Fetal position with shallow breathing Shoelessjoe56 2 512 10-26-2023, 10:49 AM
Last Post: BuffaloBob

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.